5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- This incision cuts through each abdominal muscle layer rather than the linea alba
- How many inches must the fold of each drape be placed from the edge of the proposed incision site
- What type of gloving is recommended for some procedures, particularly orthopedic surgeries?
- T or F When open gloving it is not possible to keep the outside of the glove completely sterile.
- T or F When wearing sterile gloves the OR nurse must ensure the gloves only contact sterile objects and remain above waist and table level.
- a double gloving
- b paramedian incision
- c 1-2 inches
- d F
- e T
5 Multiple choice questions
- 1. Two letters: indicates clinic or org. that placed tatto 2. Single Letter: indicates year tattoo placed 3. Number: indicates chronological placement in logbook
- g, f, b, d, c, a, e
- 5 mins
5 True/False questions
When clipping the patient for surgical prep if it is done improperly it can result in _______ , which can cause a lot of irritation to the patient → clipper burn
When prepping a patient for surgery how many times should the scrub be repeated? → b
T or F It is a good idea to express the bladder for both dog spays and neuters → F
T or F When performing a surgical scrub it is important to scrub your hands and arms vigorously with the scrub brush. → T
T or F A bactericial disinfectant is the idea solution to use for the final prep before surgery in order to kill bacteria on the skin. → F