5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- This incision cuts through each abdominal muscle layer rather than the linea alba
- Exercise is restricted in small animals for up to ____ days to allow incisions to heal.
- When a sterile member of the surgical team is performing their scrub prior to surgery the contact time with the antiseptic must be how long (ie. how long should a surgical scrub take)?
- Place the following steps of the surgical scrub in the correct order by matching to the corresponding step number (#1 being the first step).
a) scrub other arm from wrist to half way down forearm b) scrub first hand starting with finger tips c) scrub first arm from wrist to half way down forearm
d) scrub other hand starting with finger tips
e) scrub from halfway down to elbow both arms f) pick finger nails
g) perform social scrub
- T or F Opening gloving is considered to be more aseptic than closed gloving.
- a 14
- b 5 mins
- c paramedian incision
- d F
- e g, f, b, d, c, a, e
5 Multiple choice questions
- isopropyl alcohol
5 True/False questions
T or F It is a good idea to express the bladder for both dog spays and neuters → F
T or F Surgical records are part of the permanent record for the patient. This makes them a legal document. → T
T or F When drying your hands after a surgical scrub you should use one side of the sterile towel for one hand and arm and the opposite side for the other hand and arm. → F (The important thing is contact time with the antiseptic scrub - it is important to ensure the antiseptic has enough time to kill bacteria on the skin surface (generally about 5 minutes of contact time is needed)- you do not need to scrub vigorously. Over zealous scrubbing can damage the skin and may actually expose microbes from deeper tissues layers to surface.)
T or F The surgery table needs to be positioned on the lowest setting to facilitate lifting the patient onto the table. → T
this incision is oriented parallel to the last rib → 1. Two letters: indicates clinic or org. that placed tatto 2. Single Letter: indicates year tattoo placed 3. Number: indicates chronological placement in logbook