5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- T or F All surgery team members near the patient should put on a cap and mask prior to starting the patient prep (including anesthetists)
- Exercise is restricted in small animals for up to ____ days to allow incisions to heal.
- When clipping the patient for surgical prep if it is done improperly it can result in _______ , which can cause a lot of irritation to the patient
- What type of gloving is recommended for some procedures, particularly orthopedic surgeries?
- When prepping a patient for surgery how many times should the scrub be repeated?
- a 3
- b T
- c double gloving
- d 14
- e clipper burn
5 Multiple choice questions
- g, f, b, d, c, a, e
- F (The important thing is contact time with the antiseptic scrub - it is important to ensure the antiseptic has enough time to kill bacteria on the skin surface (generally about 5 minutes of contact time is needed)- you do not need to scrub vigorously. Over zealous scrubbing can damage the skin and may actually expose microbes from deeper tissues layers to surface.)
- ventral midline incision
5 True/False questions
T or F It is okay to see some undraped table between the patient and the mayo stand → F
T or F Surgical records are part of the permanent record for the patient. This makes them a legal document. → T
Marks: 1 A tattoo is placed in the _______ of animals that have been surgically altered. → 1. Two letters: indicates clinic or org. that placed tatto 2. Single Letter: indicates year tattoo placed 3. Number: indicates chronological placement in logbook
Which of the following best describes putting on a sterile surgical gown?
a. If folded correctly it is possible to pick up and put on your sterile gown without touching it.
b. An assistant should reach over your shoulder to grab the ties of the gown.
c. You must always glove before touching your sterile gown.
d. You should pick up your sterile gown from inside the sleeves only. → d
T or F Open gloving cannot be down when wearing a sterile surgical gown. → d