5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- T or F The surgery table needs to be positioned on the lowest setting to facilitate lifting the patient onto the table.
- T or F When performing a surgical scrub it is important to scrub your hands and arms vigorously with the scrub brush.
- How many inches must the fold of each drape be placed from the edge of the proposed incision site
- Exercise is restricted in small animals for up to ____ days to allow incisions to heal.
- After clipping and vacuuming the surgical site, which of the following could be the first used when preparing a patient for surgery?
- a 1-2 inches
- b 14
- c betadine scrub
- d T
- e F (The important thing is contact time with the antiseptic scrub - it is important to ensure the antiseptic has enough time to kill bacteria on the skin surface (generally about 5 minutes of contact time is needed)- you do not need to scrub vigorously. Over zealous scrubbing can damage the skin and may actually expose microbes from deeper tissues layers to surface.)
5 Multiple choice questions
- g, f, b, d, c, a, e
5 True/False questions
Marks: 1 When preparing a patient for surgery what is used after the antiseptic scrub to remove detergent residue and oils from the skin? → isopropyl alcohol
T or F Open gloving cannot be down when wearing a sterile surgical gown. → F
What type of gloving is recommended for some procedures, particularly orthopedic surgeries? → double gloving
T or F If a small puncture is noticed in a surgical glove during surgery, it is okay to leave it until surgery is complete → T
Which of the following best describes putting on a sterile surgical gown?
a. If folded correctly it is possible to pick up and put on your sterile gown without touching it.
b. An assistant should reach over your shoulder to grab the ties of the gown.
c. You must always glove before touching your sterile gown.
d. You should pick up your sterile gown from inside the sleeves only. → d