5 Written questions
4 Matching questions
- When a sterile member of the surgical team is performing their scrub prior to surgery the contact time with the antiseptic must be how long (ie. how long should a surgical scrub take)?
- Exercise is restricted in small animals for up to ____ days to allow incisions to heal.
- this incision is oriented parallel to the last rib
- T or F Open gloving cannot be down when wearing a sterile surgical gown.
- a paracostal incision
- b 14
- c F
- d 5 mins
5 Multiple choice questions
- clipper burn
- double gloving
- T ( Although most important for a spay to increase the space in the abdomen, if any animal urinates during surgery it will soak the drapes and could cause strike through.)
- 1-2 inches
- isopropyl alcohol
5 True/False questions
T or F The surgery table needs to be positioned on the lowest setting to facilitate lifting the patient onto the table. → F
T or F When wearing sterile gloves the OR nurse must ensure the gloves only contact sterile objects and remain above waist and table level. → T
After clipping and vacuuming the surgical site, which of the following could be the first used when preparing a patient for surgery? → betadine scrub
T or F Surgical records are part of the permanent record for the patient. This makes them a legal document. → T
This incision may start and stop anywhere from sternum to pelvic brim → ventral midline incision