5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- muscles of facial expression
- epicranial muscle
- a where muscle originates, and attaches to immoveable bone or surfaces
- b along forehead above orbit, raised eyebrows or scrunched forehead.
- c muscles that allow you to smile or frown, all will give facial expression, and all are innervated by CN # 7
- d how many muscles of mastication are there?
- e origin- on temporal bone, inserts- on coronoid process, action- elevates mandible, helps masseter, slight retrusion, innervation- CN # 5
5 Multiple choice questions
- originates- genial tubricles, inserts- hyoid bone, innervation- CN # 1, action- elevates and moves hyoid slightly anterior
- origin- scapula, inserts- into hyoid bone, action- depresses hyoid bone, and aids in swallowing, innervated- cervical nerves, Long and thin
- which muscle has two bellys, posterior and anterior?
- which muscle is a smaller version of the masseter?
- CN # 5, abbreviation=V3=mandibular nerve
5 True/False questions
lateral ptergoid muscle → origin- ptergoid process, inserts- condlye, action- moves condyle, innervated- CN # 5
mentalis → origin- on temporal bone, inserts- on coronoid process, action- elevates mandible, helps masseter, slight retrusion, innervation- CN # 5
extrinsic muscles of the tongue → these muscles are responsible for shaping the tounge during speech, chewing and swallowing
innervation → on moveable bone, bone will move as a result of muscle action- what results from contraction
zygomaticus → origin- zygomatic bone, inserts- at corner of lip, action- elevates commisures of lips for smiling, innervation- CN #7