5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- trigeminal nerve
- trapezius muscle
- a origin- on temporal bone, inserts- on coronoid process, action- elevates mandible, helps masseter, slight retrusion, innervation- CN # 5
- b CN # 5, abbreviation=V3=mandibular nerve
- c how many muscles of mastication are there?
- d origin- at sternum, inserts on thyroid cartilage, depresses hyoid, and aids in swallowing, innervated by cervical nerves, short and thick
- e originates- occipital bone, insertion- scapula, action- shoulder shrug, innervation- CN # 11
5 Multiple choice questions
- origin- mandible, inserts- angle of mouth, action- depresses corner of mouth for frown, innervation- CN # 7
- when both ptergoid muscles contracts the mandible does what?
- origin- scapula, inserts- into hyoid bone, action- depresses hyoid bone, and aids in swallowing, innervated- cervical nerves, Long and thin
- origainates- temporal bone, specifically the mastoid process, inserts- on hyoid bone, action- elevates hyoid and moves slightly posterior, innervation- CN # 7
- muscles that allow you to smile or frown, all will give facial expression, and all are innervated by CN # 7
5 True/False questions
2 → how many groups of muscles does the tongue have?
masseter → the most lateral of all muscles of mastication, origin- zygomatic arch of the zygomatic bone, inserts- on ramus, and angle of mandible, action- chewing and talking and elevates mandible, innervation- CN # 5, V3, or mandibular nerve
stylohyoid → origin- styloid process of temporal bone, inserts on hyoid bone, action- moves hyoid slightly posterior and elevates, innervated- CN # 7
platysma → origin- on mental pertuberance, inserts- soft tissue of the chin, action- pouting lip, innervation- CN #7
sternocleidomastoid muscle → originates- clavicle, insertion- mastoid process of temporal bone, action- turns head from left to right, innervation- CN # 11