How can we help?
You can also find more resources in our
Select a category
Something is confusing
Something is broken
I have a suggestion
What is your email?
What is 1 + 3?
Newton's Law of Motion (1st Law)
Newton's First Law
A law of motion that states that an object at rest will stay at rest and an object in motion will stay in motion with the same velocity unless acted on by an unbalanced force
Sum of all forces acting on an object at any given time
- determines how an object moves
- without this there can be no change in motion
force that result in a net force on an object and can cause changes in motion
combined forces that result in a zero net force on an object
the property of an object that resists changes in its motion
- _________ = mass
- the more ________ something has the heavier it is
the state in which the net force of an object is zero
- the force in this is always balanced
a push or pull, or any action that involves the interaction of objects and has the ability to change motion
- only ________ has the ability to change motion