5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Define periodization.
- Define hypo kinetic disease.
- Table 7.5 sets and reps for general fitness.
- What is a MET?
- Define FITT for cardiorespiratory endurance.
- a Short for "metabolic equivalent," the rate of energy expenditure at rest; 1 MET is equivalent to a VO₂ of 3.5 mL\kg\min.
- b A training approach that divides the season into three cycles (macro cycles, meso cycles and micro-cycles) using a systematic variation in intensity and volume of training to enhance fitness and formants
- c An acronym used to describe for cardiorespiratory exercise prescription variables; frequency, intensity, type (mode) and time (duration)
- d Chronic conditions related to a lack of physical activity such as hypertension, heart disease, chronic lower back pain, and obesity.
- e See page 226 for information
5 Multiple choice questions
- Neural stimulation, type of muscle fiber, overload, and specificity of training
- An acronym to describe the standard treatment procedure for acute sports injuries; rest, ice (cold application) compression and elevation
- Overweight is an access amount of weight against the given standards, such as height or required percentage of body fat. Obesity is the excessive accumulation of body fat, at least 30% above recommended body weight.
- 1500 cal for men and 1200 cal for women
- Health related fitness is a program that is prescribed to improve an individuals' overall health.
5 True/False questions
What are good choices for aerobic activities? → Walking, hiking, jogging, Deepwater jogging, swimming, water aerobics, cycling, spinning, rope skipping, cross country skiing, rowing, stair climbing, racquet sports and cross training
How is resting heart rate assessed? → Health related fitness is a program that is prescribed to improve an individuals' overall health.
Be familiar with the tests to measure muscular strength and endurance. → Bench jumps, modified push-ups (women), modified dips (man), bent leg curl up, abdominal crunches (see page 218 for additional exercises)
How does body composition change in relation to strength training? → A decrease of adipose or fatty tissue around muscle fiber themselves
What are some tips to starting and maintaining a program? → Attempt to train 5 to 6 times a week for 30 min. at a time, say at a regular time for exercise, exercise early in the day, select aerobic activity you enjoy. To maintain fitness you should keep up a regular exercise program even during vacations.