5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Define periodization.
- How does body composition change in relation to strength training?
- What is a healthy waist circumference for men and women (low disease risk)?
- Define overtraining.
- Best time to stretch?
- a A training approach that divides the season into three cycles (macro cycles, meso cycles and micro-cycles) using a systematic variation in intensity and volume of training to enhance fitness and formants
- b After exercising and Before steady activity (walking, jogging, cycling). Up to 10 min. before stopping collectivities (racquet sports, basketball, and soccer) and athletic participation in general (football and gymnastics)
- c Women: less than 32 1/2 Men: less than 35 1/2
- d Emotional, behavioral, and physical condition marked by increased fatigue, decreased performance, persistent muscle soreness, mood disturbances, and the feeling of stillness or burnt out as a result of excessive physical training
- e A decrease of adipose or fatty tissue around muscle fiber themselves
5 Multiple choice questions
- Specific application to impose demand - training principle stating that, for improvement to occur in a specific activity, the exercise performed during strength - training program must resemble as closely as possible the movement pattern in counter to that particular activity.
- Consciousness is the first step of behavior modification. This step involves obtaining information about problems he making a decision about the problem behavior. Social liberation stresses external alternatives that make you aware of problem behaviors and began to contemplate change. Self-analysis is behavior modifying which developing a decisive desire to do so. Emotional arousal is one of personal experience as an express his feelings about the problem and its solution. Positive outlook means to taking and optimistic approach from the beginning and believing in yourself. Commitment is making the decision to change, you accept the responsibility to change and believe in your ability to do so. Behavior analysis is knowing the frequency, circumstance, and consequences of the behavior to be altered or implemented. Goals motivate change in behavior. Self-analysis is when an individual analyzer their feeling about the problem behavior.
- Carbs - 45 - 65% (mostly complex carbohydrates; less than 25% from sugar. Fat - 20 - 35%. Protein - 10 - 35%
- Individuals whose diet is of vegetables or plant origin.
- 1 to 2 pounds a year
5 True/False questions
What three impediments can keep people from taking action? → The problems of competence, problems of confidence, and the problems of motivation.
How is resting heart rate assessed? → BMI index between 18.5 and 25.
Health versus Physical Fitness. → Health related fitness is a program that is prescribed to improve an individuals' overall health.
What characterizes the Mediterranean diet? → Principal that training must be done with the specific muscle the person is attempting to improve.
Define overweight and obesity. → Overweight is an access amount of weight against the given standards, such as height or required percentage of body fat. Obesity is the excessive accumulation of body fat, at least 30% above recommended body weight.