5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a star-shaped symbol (*) used to indicate footnotes, references, omissions. etc.
- b a hypothetical form of government in which scientists, engineers, and other technical experts are in charge
- c government, to govern, power
- d the chief or oldest (most ancient) or most respected female in a family; woman who is regarded as the founder of something
- e a government run by leaders of a religious group
5 Multiple choice questions
- study of ancient cultures
- a government controlled by a small group of people.
- the numerous departments and subdivisions within a government
- the chief or oldest (most ancient) or most respected male in a family; man who is regarded as the founder of something
5 True/False questions
autocracy → a government by the people; a government where a large segment of the population gets to participate in decision making.
meritocracy → a government whose leaders are selected on the basis of their ability; the most able (skillful, intelligent, wise...) hold the power
astronomical → so large that it can be compared to the scale of the stars
monarchy → no government; the absence of government
democracy → a government by the people; a government where a large segment of the population gets to participate in decision making.