5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a the chief (most important) enemy
- b so large that it can be compared to the scale of the stars
- c a government run by leaders of a religious group
- d a government whose leaders are selected on the basis of their ability; the most able (skillful, intelligent, wise...) hold the power
- e star
5 Multiple choice questions
- government, to govern, power
- government, to govern, chief, first, ancient
- the chief or oldest (most ancient) or most respected female in a family; woman who is regarded as the founder of something
- a government by the people; a government where a large segment of the population gets to participate in decision making.
- star-shaped symbol (*) used to indicate footnotes, references, omissions. etc.
5 True/False questions
astrology → the study of the supposed connection between the movement of planets and stars and human affairs
astronomy → the scientific study of the universe and all its stars
hierarchy → a government controlled by a small group of people.
bureaucracy → the numerous departments and subdivisions within a government
archaeology → the chief (most important) enemy