1. Practice with your speaking notes.
2. Revise those parts of your speech that aren't satisfactory
3. Focus on your speech ideas rather than on yourself.
4. Time each part of your speech—introduction, body, and conclusion.
5. Practice with any presentation aids you plan to use.
6. Practice your speech several times, and then record it with an audio recorder.
7. If possible, video-record yourself twice—once after several practice sessions and again after you've incorporated changes into your speech.
8. Visualize the setting in which you will speak as you practice, projecting your words to different parts of the space to reach audience members.
9. Practice in front of at least one volunteer, and seek constructive criticism.
10. Schedule your practice sessions early in the process so that you have adequate time to prepare.
11. Practice your speech at least five times