Upgrade to remove ads
HubSpot Inbound Certification Study Guide
Terms in this set (56)
Why use inbound marketing?
• Part of the conversation
• Get the right people to your site
• Empower customers
What is essential for successful inbound strategy?
What are the stages of inbound methodology?
Attract, convert, close, delight
What are the fundamentals of inbound success?
• Use buyers personas
• Use buyer's journey
• Create remarkable content
• Leverage your content
Why use buyer persona?
represents ideal customer, created based on research, universally useful across all industries, profile stories
Why use buyers journey?
Active research process that a potential customer goes through leading up to a purchase
Different content fits into different stages
What are the three stages of a buyers journey?
Awareness, Consideration, Decision
Why create remarkable content?
content and context are both important
What is the definition of content?
What is the definition of context?
Why leverage your content?
Delivery makes content relevant
Enables achievement of business goals: different techniques for different goals
What do inbound strategies look like?
Designed to attract, convert, close and delight specific personas
Content to attract and content to convert -> both fit in buyers journey
Content to close & delight
Content determined by delivery mechanism
Elaborate on strategies....
ATTRACT: What is optimization and why do you need it?
the act, process or methodology of making something as fully perfect, functional or perfect as possible
website optimization can pertains to any stage of inbound methodology, but fully optimized websites work in all stages
Still refers to search engine optimization
ATTRACT: Who do you optimize your site for?
• Searchers (buyer personas)
• Search engines
• 200 different rank factors google looks at
• Creating quality content for buyer personas, great ranking will follow
ATTRACT: How to optimize your website?
• understand buyer persona (determines how to design and layout site, including language usage/content)
• Determine the type of optimization
• Depends on a company's long term or short term goals
• Make site easy to understand, to crawl
• Searchers want something easy to understand
• Search engines want to crawl easily, too
• Searchers and search engines help improve a website's "on-page SEO" - makes sites enjoyable and fluid
ATTRACT: How do business blogs differ from personal blogs?
• 79% of marketers with a company blog reported inbound ROI for 2013
• 43% of companies have acquired a customer through their blog
ATTRACT: Why is blogging great for SEO?
indexed pages, each page has individual opportunity to rank for solutions
blogs convert leads, demonstrate authority, expertise, and build trust
ATTRACT: Best practices for blog content?
• Use blogging to get inbound links
• Rewards also come in the form of social shares
• Blog for personas, not search engines
• good title, address one topic per post, cover content that's important to your buyers personas
• blog consistently, frequently
• use formatting to draw attention
• Give readers opportunity to become a lead
ATTRACT: What should you blog about?
• Long-tail keywords
• Recent/hot industry news/topics
• Customer questions, blog comments
• Go negative or positive
• Invite guest bloggers
• Reuse and recycle blog posts
ATTRACT: Ways to promote blog content?
• Leverage website
• Use social media presence
• Email marketing
• Tap into network
• PR releases
ATTRACT: What to analyze in your blog?
• Number of article views, subscription growth, most popular articles, inbound links
• don't expect overnight success
ATTRACT: Why is social media crucial to inbound strategy?
• Millions use it
• Can be used to attract, convert, close, or delight
• Builds connections
• Keep customers happy
• Show personality
ATTRACT: How to develop a social media strategy?
• content is king, distribution is queen
• post the right content in the right places
• timing and positioning updates
• use it as a listening tool
• optimize profiles to attract people to your website
• personas: identify/build
• build reach by utilizing cocktail party rule and others
• customize content to each platform ("big 4") networks
• analyze to refine
ATTRACT: What does awesome social content look like?
• aligns with all stages of the buyers journey
• share content that fits into each stage of journey
• tailor content to each network upon which it's positioned
CONVERT: Why can't inbound marketing exist without content?
• content is information
• limiting factor for marketing success is attention
• 60% of sales cycle is in marketer's hands
• Can influence the sales cycle with content
CONVERT: Content should focus on the solution. To know the solution, you have to know:
• The problem
• Who you're solving the problem for
CONVERT: Keys to creating remarkable content
• Buyers personas are who the content is for
• Buyers journey dictates what content should be
CONVERT: T or F - different content platforms perform better in different stages of the buyers journey?
CONTENT: How to develop a content creation process for sustained success?
• Plan how to reach business goals, utilize 80/20 rule, focus on benefits
• Produce: focus on helpful content
• Distribute: determine distribution methods
• Analyze specific metrics
CONVERT: How to create content that converts?
• quality is most important to increase conversion rates
• awareness stage: content helps educate on the problem
• consideration: contends educated specifics of problem
• decision: content educated on solution strategies
• analysis: determine which stage needs refinement
CONVERT: What are landing pages?
• like digital sales reps that work 24/7
• Gather lead intelligence through equal info exchange
CONVERT: How is a landing page the heart of a process?
• Double the average site conversion rate of non inbound
• number of landing pages play significant role in number of leads generated on a site
CONVERT: How to build a landing page that converts visitors into leads? OFFER.
• Offer something other than core products or services
• Landing pages + offers = <3
• Come in different forms, limited by what your personas need and want in each stage of buyers journey
CONVERT: How to build a landing page that converts visitors into leads? Buyers Journey.
• Many purchase decisions start with search engine
• Providing offers relevant to visitors in each stage
CONVERT: How to build a landing page that converts visitors into leads? Buyers Persona.
• Critical that the offers on landing pages are relevant
• Persona relevancy vs. irrelevancy factor
CONVERT: How to build a landing page that converts visitors into leads? Landing pages best practices.
• clear, concise, compelling headlines
• explain value/importance
• Appropriate number of form fields
• remove navigation and links
• include relevant imagery
• leverage industry awards/recodnitions
CONVERT: How to convert visitors to leads?
• Use CTAs, landing pages, thank you's
• building blocks to create conversion paths
CONVERT: How to use conversion paths to lead people through the buyers journey
What to offer at each stage?
How to use the right CTAs
CONVERT: How to use CTAs
• must be relevant to content
• align with content topic and buyers journey stage
• attract the eye with a helpful offer
• optimize CTAs using A/B testing
CONVERT: How to build effective CTAs and thank you's
• CTAs should have action-oriented copy
• CTAs should live above the fold
• Thank you pages should deliver the offer
• Thank you pages bring something to the next stage of the buyers journey
CLOSE: Why email marketing is still important?
• ROI of 4300%
• Use of email is growing each year
• Attract visitors with likeable content
• Convert leads by gaining trust (from friends sharing)
• close leads into customers with lead nurturing and segmentation
• continue engaging customers even after the close
CLOSE: How to send the right email to the right audience
• Determine who audience is
• Segmentation creates context
• Segment your contacts database
• work towards specific goals
• maintain email lists
• create targeted lists
• let prospects spread the love and increase reach
• Send right content at the right time
• tailor email sends to buyers journey
• Nurture a lead into a customer
CLOSE: What makes a world class email?
• always add value
• optimized around goals, content, helpful, design
• tactics: identify goal, personalize sender info, get right to the point, use actionable language, focus on benefits, use multiple CTAs, encourage sharing, edit plain text version, optimize for mobile, analyze results
CLOSE: What is smarketing?
• sales and marketing relationship
• goal should be to get sales/marketing on the same team and focused on revenue
• alignment around goals = establish related goals
• alignment around personas
• How to scale alignment for any size organization = collaboration
CLOSE: What are the five steps to integrate smarketing into your organization?
1. Speak the same language (create goals, define stages of sales and marketing funnels, establish definition of sales-ready lead, define handoff process, define buyer personas)
2. Set up closed loop reporting (????)
3. Implement a service level agreement (agreement between sales and marketing)
4. Maintain open communication (types of meetings and topics for each, types of emails and content for each, how to maintain open communication outside meetings/emails)
5. Rely on data (effective dashboards focused on communication towards goals, ...)
CLOSE: Why is transforming the way you sell important?
• buying habits change (sales process has to change in order to support buying process)
• 60% of purchase decision is already made before even talking to a sales rep because buyers have so much information available already
CLOSE: What is inbound sales?
• gives buyer relevant, personal, delightful experience that's driven by their needs and on their schedule
• inbound sales approach...
CLOSE: What is inbound sales approach?
• Attract visitors to websites with relevant content
• Be an open book and share your content
• Leverage buyer's context
• Buyer now has all the power
CLOSE: How to transform the way you sell?
• Transform the way you target accounts (make sure you are targeting the right people - stay focused on personas, only people experiencing the pain you solve should enter the top funnel)
• Transform the way you prospect accounts (research leads, company information, read about industry, check social media, lead intelligence, determine goal of call before picking up phone)
• Transform the way you connect with accounts (build rapport, know your audience, speak the prospect's language, be helpful)
• Transform the way your prospects perceive you as a salesperson (be a sales educator, make your sales organization human, become trusted advisors)
DELIGHT: Why is customer delight so important?
• Competitive advantage
• The more trust you build, the more promoters you create
• Building trust is core to delight (creates lasting relationships)
DELIGHT: How to delight your customers?
• #1 priority is to serve people
• Not just post-scale activity
• three pillars
DELIGHT: What are the three pillars of customer delight?
DELIGHT: What are the seven consumer delight guidelines?
• customers and employees are a business's greatest assets - delight employees and they will delight customers
• every small interaction makes difference
• develop team principles that your employees live by
• Everyone at the business should be able to identify customer delight checklist
• Educate and empower employees with customer delight checklist
• Businesses that are the best educators will be most successful
• It's not what you say, but how you make them feel that creates a lasting relationship
• Developing and establishing trust is critical to creating an inbound experience
CONVERT: Why can't inbound marketing exist without content?
THIS SET IS OFTEN IN FOLDERS WITH...
Hubspot Inbound Certification Study Guide
HubSpot Inbound Certification Study Guide
HubSpot Social Media - Marketing Terms
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
Module 8: Content Marketing
HubSpot Inbound Marketing Certificate