5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a members of the Sunni dynasty of caliphs that rules a Muslim empire from 661 to 750
- b made Christianity the official religion of the Roman empire, so he could control it.
- c founder of Islam
- d one of the five pillars of Islam. Pilgrimage to Mecca that all Muslims are expected to make at least one in their lifetime (If financially and physically able)
- e the Muslim establishment
5 Multiple choice questions
- Latin philosopher and theologian. His writings were very influential.
- disciple of Jesus and leader of the apostles
- Box like temple in Mecca. People gather around it to pray.
- person who suffers or died for his or her beliefs
- Muhammad's birthplace
5 True/False questions
Diaspora → from Mecca to Medina 622 CE Muhammad was getting death threats so he had to leave. Goes there to get more followers. Islam gains control of Mecca and Medina.
Clergy → religious belief that is contrary to the official teachings of a church
Pope → Head of the Roman Catholic Church; in ancient Rome, bishop of Rome who claimed authority over all other bishops.
Bishop → religious leader, lawgiver and prophet. Most important prohet in the Jewish religion. Also considered an important prophet in Christianity and Islam.
Paul → Head of the Roman Catholic Church; in ancient Rome, bishop of Rome who claimed authority over all other bishops.