5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- New Testament
- a from Mecca to Medina 622 CE Muhammad was getting death threats so he had to leave. Goes there to get more followers. Islam gains control of Mecca and Medina.
- b the part of the Bible that the Jewish people do not believe. This includes Jesus; life on earth and His resurrection and crucifixion.
- c made Christianity the official religion of the Roman empire, so he could control it.
- d Muslim ruler
- e the branch of Islam whose members acknowledge Ali and his descendants as the rightful successors of Muhammad
5 Multiple choice questions
- the sacred text of Judaism
- person who suffers or died for his or her beliefs
- Head of the Roman Catholic Church; in ancient Rome, bishop of Rome who claimed authority over all other bishops.
- Jews living outside Israel.
- where Muhammad fled when he was getting death threats
5 True/False questions
Caliph → successor to Muhammad as political and religious leader of the Muslims
5 Pillars → members of the Sunni dynasty of caliphs that rules a Muslim empire from 661 to 750
Hajj → one of the five pillars of Islam. Pilgrimage to Mecca that all Muslims are expected to make at least one in their lifetime (If financially and physically able)
Abraham → the sacred text of Judaism
Muhammad → body of Islamic law that includes interpretation of the Quran and applies Islamic principles to everyday life.