5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Destruction of the Temple
- a members of the Sunni dynasty of caliphs that rules a Muslim empire from 661 to 750
- b the body of people who conduct Christian services
- c The decimation of the first temple in Jerusalem by the Romans in 70 A.D.
- d disciple of Jesus and leader of the apostles
- e made Christianity the official religion of the Roman empire, so he could control it.
5 Multiple choice questions
- leader or teacher of a new faith
- Head of the Roman Catholic Church; in ancient Rome, bishop of Rome who claimed authority over all other bishops.
- the part of the Bible that the Jewish people do not believe. This includes Jesus; life on earth and His resurrection and crucifixion.
- high ranking Church official with authority over a local area, or diocese.
- religious belief that is contrary to the official teachings of a church
5 True/False questions
Shi'a → the branch of Islam whose members acknowledge Ali and his descendants as the rightful successors of Muhammad
Diaspora → high ranking Church official with authority over a local area, or diocese.
Quran → the sacred text of Islam
Ramadan → 9th month of the Islamic calendar. Cant eat or drink while the sun is up.
Babylonian Captivity → period of time where the Jews of the ancient Kingdom of Judah were captives in Babylon. (c. 568-538 BCE)