5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- Is a process of unlearning old norms, roles, values and learning new ones required by the new social environment.
- Refers to the interactions between genders that tends to strengthen and perpetuate gender boundaries
. Contest between sexes, boys chasing girls, "cooties."
- Here individuals learn to evaluate themselves and other socia objects from the point of view of a particular significant other
- Individuals of whom they are interacting with such as a mother or father
- is a ritual in which someone experiences negative, often extremely embarrassing events in the presence of others.
4 True/False questions
Informal socialization → Socialization in which peers or more experienced members train newcomers as they carry out their roles.
Formal Socialization → Is socialization occurring in settings specifically designed for socialization
Adult stage → The final stage in which an individual is capable of taking the role of the generalized other.
Preparatory stage → Here individuals learn to evaluate themselves and other socia objects from the point of view of a particular significant other