5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- Is a process of unlearning old norms, roles, values and learning new ones required by the new social environment.
- Individuals of whom they are interacting with such as a mother or father
- Here individuals learn to evaluate themselves and other socia objects from the point of view of a particular significant other
- Ceremonies marking important transitions in life, such as the passage of being single to being married.
- is socialization for a status that occurs before the person occupies that status. Let's people learn more about the status and role before they commit to it
4 True/False questions
Informal socialization → Is socialization occurring in settings specifically designed for socialization
Adult stage → Here children learn to take the role of multiple others at the same time. Ex: several people playing a game
Preparatory stage → The first stage of a child's social development, where behavior is largely imitation of others with little use of symbols and limiting role-taking.
Degradation ceremony → is a ritual in which someone experiences negative, often extremely embarrassing events in the presence of others.