5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- is socialization for a status that occurs before the person occupies that status. Let's people learn more about the status and role before they commit to it
- Here individuals learn to evaluate themselves and other socia objects from the point of view of a particular significant other
- Is socialization occurring in settings specifically designed for socialization
- Assessing behavior in terms of the norms and values of the broad society and responding to abstract principles and symbols.
- Here children learn to take the role of multiple others at the same time. Ex: several people playing a game
4 True/False questions
Social channeling → Is a process of unlearning old norms, roles, values and learning new ones required by the new social environment.
Degradation ceremony → is a ritual in which someone experiences negative, often extremely embarrassing events in the presence of others.
Resocialization → Is a process of unlearning old norms, roles, values and learning new ones required by the new social environment.
Preparatory stage → The first stage of a child's social development, where behavior is largely imitation of others with little use of symbols and limiting role-taking.