5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- The final stage in which an individual is capable of taking the role of the generalized other.
- The first stage of a child's social development, where behavior is largely imitation of others with little use of symbols and limiting role-taking.
- Here children learn to take the role of multiple others at the same time. Ex: several people playing a game
- is a ritual in which someone experiences negative, often extremely embarrassing events in the presence of others.
- Socialization in which peers or more experienced members train newcomers as they carry out their roles.
4 True/False questions
Social channeling → Is a process of socialization in which children of the rich are prepared for and directed to positions of privilege in society while children of the poor are prepared for and directed into low prestige positions
Borderwork → Here individuals learn to evaluate themselves and other socia objects from the point of view of a particular significant other
Generalized other → Individuals of whom they are interacting with such as a mother or father
Play stage → Here individuals learn to evaluate themselves and other socia objects from the point of view of a particular significant other