6 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- the lower part of the large intestine, where feces are stored before excreted from the body.
- Regulates nerve transmissions, strong bones and teeth.
Fruits, vegetables, protein products.
- the wavy motion in the muscles of the esophagus that causes food to move down.
- Provide energy, measured in calories.
Bread, cereal, pasta, fruits, root vegetables.
- Provide energy, make amino acids.
Meats, fish, eggs, cheese, milk, nuts, beans.
5 True/False questions
esophagus → a sack-like muscular organ where food is churned around in hydrochloric acid
Fats → Regulates chemical reactions, fluid replacement.
Found in most foods.
liver → a large organ located above and in front of the stomac. It filters toxins from the blood, makes bile and some blood proteins.
large intestine → a long, wide tube that food goes through after it goes through the small intestine
stomach → a sack-like muscular organ where food is churned around in hydrochloric acid