5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- In addition to listening to new music, people tried new _________.
- Listening to sports on the radio helped encourage people to ________________________________________, and to ________ ____________ themselves.
- During the Roaring Twenties nearly every part of life in the U.S. changed, including the ______.
- Renaissance is French for " ________".
- For the 1st time people from Main to California could hear the same ________ and the same ________ on the radio.
- a dances
- b arts
- c music, shows
- d rebirth
- e go to sporting events, play sports
5 Multiple choice questions
- wireless telephones
- Louis Armstrong and Jelly Roll Morton
- to broadcast music to the radios in people's homes
- animal bones, flowers, deserts
- Harding, Cox
5 True/False questions
During the 1920's O'Keeffe painted many ______ scenes of tall _________ & _________. → rock and roll
Both radios & movies brought a common ____________ to the people of the U.S.. → rebirth
What was the 1st movie with voices (1927)? → jazz
Many heard histoy making events such as the moment Gene _________ won a 10 round boxing match against Jack ___________. → Tunney,Dempsey
jazz → a music style influenced by the music of West Africa as well as by spirituals and blues