5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What was David Sarnoff's plan?
- Like radio, the movies began before the 1920's, but early movies were __________.
- Stylish women from the times were known as "______________".
- Both radios & movies brought a common ____________ to the people of the U.S..
- Many say the 1st broadcast by a radio station in Pennsylvania was by 2 announcers for the radio station KDKA. The broadcast was about the _______ of the _______ election.
- a culture
- b silent
- c flappers
- d to broadcast music to the radios in people's homes
- e results, presidential
5 Multiple choice questions
- music, shows
- radio operator
- John Coltrane
- "Babe" Ruth
5 True/False questions
What was the 1st movie with voices (1927)? → jazz
Who were 2 of the decade's most popular composers (they were brothers)? They did not write jazz, but their music was influenced by jazz. → George & Ira Gershwin
Until the 1920's, radios were used as __________ ____________. They enabled people to speak to one another over long distances. → culture
Many people went to Harlem clubs to see dancers like ________________________ . → Bill "Bojangles" Robinson
People such as _________, David Sarnoff soon saw other uses for ______. → radio