5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Jazz was also influenced by blues music sung by African Americans such as ____________ ___________.
- During the 1920's O'Keeffe painted many ______ scenes of tall _________ & _________.
- What was David Sarnoff's plan?
- Attendance at football ames, basketball games, & other competitions went _________ during the 1920's.
- Many people went to Harlem clubs to see dancers like ________________________ .
- a Bessie Smith
- b up
- c city, buildings, crowds
- d Bill "Bojangles" Robinson
- e to broadcast music to the radios in people's homes
5 Multiple choice questions
- go to sporting events, play sports
- "Wings" , "The Kid"
- the traditional music of West Africa as well as by ragtime, spirituals, and blues music
- Louis Armstrong and Jelly Roll Morton
5 True/False questions
New types of writing developed in the 1920's. ____________ _________ was an example of this. He became famous for his PLAIN but VIVID writing style. → Ernest Hemingway
Jazz began in the __________ & the ____________ in the early 1900s & can now be heard around the world. → South, Midwest
David Sarnoff was a ________ __________. His plan was ot broadcast music to the radios in people's homes, → radio operator
People such as _________, David Sarnoff soon saw other uses for ______. → radio
What is improvised playing? → the traditional music of West Africa as well as by ragtime, spirituals, and blues music