5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- By the end of the 1920's, more than _______ stations had joined KDKA on the air, and more than ____ __________ people in the U.S. owned RADIOS.
- Where was Harlem?
- After spending time in ______ __________, O'Keeffe began painting scenes that reflected the landscape of the _______-___________ United States.
- What was the music of the 1920's?
- Radio & movies help people learn waht life was like in other parts of the _________ _________.
- a in northern Manhattan in New York City
- b New Mexico, south-western
- c jazz
- d 600,13 million
- e United States
5 Multiple choice questions
- to broadcast music to the radios in people's homes
- rock and roll
- Jazz Age
- New Orleans,funeral
5 True/False questions
Many people went to Harlem clubs to see dancers like ________________________ . → Bill "Bojangles" Robinson
New types of writing developed in the 1920's. ____________ _________ was an example of this. He became famous for his PLAIN but VIVID writing style. → Ernest Hemingway
The election that was said to be broadcast on the radio was when Warren G. _________ won against James M. _______. → dances
People flocked to theaters to see plays. Musical comedies such as those written by George M. __________ were very popular. → Cohan
___________ Gershwin became famous for pieces like "Someone to Watch Over Me" and "Rhapsody in Blue". → Jazz