5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- During the 1920's what was the name of the neighborhood that became a center for African American writers,musicians, & artists?
- Jazz was well liked by both black & ________ Americans.
- People used ot enjoy ballroom dances, now they danced the ______________.
- People such as _________, David Sarnoff soon saw other uses for ______.
- Jazz began in the __________ & the ____________ in the early 1900s & can now be heard around the world.
- a Harlem
- b radio
- c Charleston
- d South, Midwest
- e white
5 Multiple choice questions
- Countee Cullen, Claude McKay, Zora Neale Hurston
- the Harlem Renaissance
- New Orleans,funeral
- Jazz Age
- to broadcast music to the radios in people's homes
5 True/False questions
During the Roaring Twenties nearly every part of life in the U.S. changed, including the ______. → arts
Listening to sports on the radio helped encourage people to ________________________________________, and to ________ ____________ themselves. → go to sporting events, play sports
Aaron Copland, a composer known for his __________ style, used jazz in his "Music for the Theater" & "Piano Concerto". → modern
The election that was said to be broadcast on the radio was when Warren G. _________ won against James M. _______. → dances
Jazz was also influenced by blues music sung by African Americans such as ____________ ___________. → Bessie Smith