5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- ________ __________ was a painter who drew inspiration for her artwork from the different places where she lived.
- What was the music of the 1920's?
- The election that was said to be broadcast on the radio was when Warren G. _________ won against James M. _______.
- Who were 2 of the decade's most popular composers (they were brothers)? They did not write jazz, but their music was influenced by jazz.
- Aaron Copland, a composer known for his __________ style, used jazz in his "Music for the Theater" & "Piano Concerto".
- a George & Ira Gershwin
- b Harding, Cox
- c jazz
- d Georgia O'Keeffe
- e modern
5 Multiple choice questions
- music, shows
- Chicago, New Orleans
- "Wings" , "The Kid"
5 True/False questions
In addition to listening to new music, people tried new _________. → "talkies"
After spending time in ______ __________, O'Keeffe began painting scenes that reflected the landscape of the _______-___________ United States. → New Mexico, south-western
People such as _________, David Sarnoff soon saw other uses for ______. → Charleston
Name 2 of jazz's earliest performers. → Louis Armstrong and Jelly Roll Morton
jazz → a time of great interest and activity in the arts