5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Renaissance is French for " ________".
- Many people went to Harlem clubs to see dancers like ________________________ .
- _________ was the 1st truely American form of music.
- Many peoplr went to Harlem clubs to see band leaders like _______________________.
- Jazz was also influenced by blues music sung by African Americans such as ____________ ___________.
- a Bill "Bojangles" Robinson
- b Bessie Smith
- c rebirth
- d Jazz
- e Duke Ellington
5 Multiple choice questions
- George & Ira Gershwin
- rock and roll
- Georgia O'Keeffe
5 True/False questions
Movies with sound were called _________. → a dance that had fast movements and high kicks
_____________ wrote the words & music for 20 musicals and starred in them as well. → Cohan
_________ & the _______ made the arts available to more of the nation's people than ever before. → Jazz
Other writers, such as F. Scott Fitzgerald and Sinclair Lewis wrote about _____________ ______________. → Bessie Smith
Aaron Copland, a composer known for his __________ style, used jazz in his "Music for the Theater" & "Piano Concerto". → modern