5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Jazz was also influenced by blues music sung by African Americans such as ____________ ___________.
- After spending time in ______ __________, O'Keeffe began painting scenes that reflected the landscape of the _______-___________ United States.
- Music writers are known as __________.
- Stylish women from the times were known as "______________".
- What was David Sarnoff's plan?
- a composers
- b Bessie Smith
- c flappers
- d New Mexico, south-western
- e to broadcast music to the radios in people's homes
5 Multiple choice questions
- Louis Armstrong and Jelly Roll Morton
- a time of great interest and activity in the arts
5 True/False questions
Both radios & movies brought a common ____________ to the people of the U.S.. → rebirth
What was the music of the 1920's? → "The Jazz Singer"
By the end of the 1920's, more than _______ stations had joined KDKA on the air, and more than ____ __________ people in the U.S. owned RADIOS. → 600,13 million
For the 1st time people from Main to California could hear the same ________ and the same ________ on the radio. → Billie Holiday, Ethel Waters
Attendance at football ames, basketball games, & other competitions went _________ during the 1920's. → up