5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Within 3 years after the 1st movie with voices, millions of people were going to "_______", or movies with sound,each WEEK.
- Many people say the very 1st broadcast by a radio station was done on November 2,1920 from the top of an office building in ___________,____________.
- The election that was said to be broadcast on the radio was when Warren G. _________ won against James M. _______.
- Many people read the works of writers such as ______________________, _________________, &_______________________.
- many of O'Keeffe's paintings show images of _________________________, _______________, & ______________.
- a Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- b Harding, Cox
- c animal bones, flowers, deserts
- d Countee Cullen, Claude McKay, Zora Neale Hurston
- e talkies
5 Multiple choice questions
- John Coltrane
- "Babe" Ruth
- society's problems
- Bessie Smith
5 True/False questions
During the 1920's what was the name of the neighborhood that became a center for African American writers,musicians, & artists? → city, buildings, crowds
renaissance → in northern Manhattan in New York City
_____________ wrote the words & music for 20 musicals and starred in them as well. → Jazz
Jazz began in the __________ & the ____________ in the early 1900s & can now be heard around the world. → white
For the 1st time people from Main to California could hear the same ________ and the same ________ on the radio. → music, shows