5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Stylish women from the times were known as "______________".
- Movies with sound were called _________.
- What is improvised playing?
- Name 2 of jazz's earliest performers.
- For the 1st time people from Main to California could hear the same ________ and the same ________ on the radio.
- a playing in which musicians create different melodies as they play
- b flappers
- c music, shows
- d "talkies"
- e Louis Armstrong and Jelly Roll Morton
5 Multiple choice questions
- "The Jazz Singer"
- the traditional music of West Africa as well as by ragtime, spirituals, and blues music
5 True/False questions
What makes jazz unique? → improvised playing
It was DURING the 1920's that movies got _________. → Louis Armstrong and Jelly Roll Morton
Many heard histoy making events such as the moment Gene _________ won a 10 round boxing match against Jack ___________. → Tunney,Dempsey
Who were 2 of the decade's most popular composers (they were brothers)? They did not write jazz, but their music was influenced by jazz. → George & Ira Gershwin
David Sarnoff was a ________ __________. His plan was ot broadcast music to the radios in people's homes, → radio