5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Who was a saxophone player in the 1920's?
- Who broadcast the results of a presidential election between Warren G. Harding (won) & James M. Cox?
- Who worked delivering mail by plane between the cities of St.Louis & Chicago?
- Who was a composer known for his modern style - he used jazz in his "Music for the Theater" and "Piano Concerto"?
- Who became famous for pieces like "Someone to Watch Over Me" & "Rhapsody in Blue"?
- a George Gershwin
- b John Coltrane
- c KDKA radio station
- d Charles Lindbergh
- e Aaron Copland
5 Multiple choice questions
- KDKA radio station
- Duke Ellington
- George Herman "Babe" Ruth
- Ku Klux Klan (KKK)
- Amelia Earhart
5 True/False questions
Who were 2 of the decades most popular composers (music writers)? → Al Capone
Who was a popular Harlem writer who wrote about what is was like to be an African American in the United States? → Countee Cullen, Claude McKay, & Zora Neale Hurston
Who was famous for his plain but vivid writing style? → John Coltrane
Who were 2 of jazz's earliest performers? → Louis Armstrong & Jelly Roll Morton
Who was a dancer in the Harlem clubs? → Bill "Bojangles" Robinison