5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- North American Desert
- Columbia Plateau
- people of the blue-green water
- Petrified Forest National Park
- a What forest lies in the Painted Desert?
- b These sand in the Chihuahuan Deset are made almost entirely of ________, the mineral from which plaster of Paris is made?
- c Another name for the Havasupai Indians is?
- d This ia a vast, arid region that spreads into eleven states and parts of Mexico?
- e The largest lava plateau in the world is?
5 Multiple choice questions
- This desert is located in the South of the Great Basin Desert?
- This is noted for its extremely level salt beds that are as hard as cement?
- The largest canyon in the world?
- This is the highest point int he United States outside Alaska?
- This is the most characteristic plant in the Great Basin Desert. It is a bushy plant with a sweet smell and a bitter taste.
5 True/False questions
gorge → The Grand Canyon is a _______cut almost straight down through the plateau.
bristlecone pine → The Great Basin __________ _________ lives longer than any other tree in the world.
134 degrees F → The highest temperature recorded int he US occurred in Death Valley in July 1913? What was the temperature?
mesas → The Grand Canyon is a _______cut almost straight down through the plateau.
Great Basin Desert → This is noted for its extremely level salt beds that are as hard as cement?