5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Colorado River
- between the mountains
- Great Basin Desert, the Colorado Plateau, the Mojave Desert, the Sonoran Desert, and the Chihuahuan Desert
- Chihuahuan Desert
- a The desert is divided into five regions. What are they?
- b What river flows through the Grand Canyon?
- c This is Mexico's largest state?
- d This desrt lies partly in Arizona, New Mexico and Texas, but mostly in the Mexican state of Chihuahua.
- e Intermountain means?
5 Multiple choice questions
- This ia a vast, arid region that spreads into eleven states and parts of Mexico?
- The Carlsbad Caverns covers area of about 70 square miles and houses the largest underground chamber in North America which is called the?
- The largest canyon in the world?
- The deepest canyon in the United States?
- This is the most characteristic plant in the Great Basin Desert. It is a bushy plant with a sweet smell and a bitter taste.
5 True/False questions
Methuselah → What are flat topped hills called?
Intermountain Region → This desrt lies partly in Arizona, New Mexico and Texas, but mostly in the Mexican state of Chihuahua.
mesas → What are flat topped hills called?
Painted Desert → This desert is located in the South of the Great Basin Desert?
Coronado → The Grand Canyon is a _______cut almost straight down through the plateau.