5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Columbia Plateau
- Mojave Desert
- Great Basin Desert
- a This desert is located in the South of the Great Basin Desert?
- b The largest lava plateau in the world is?
- c The largest desert area in the United States is?
- d These sand in the Chihuahuan Deset are made almost entirely of ________, the mineral from which plaster of Paris is made?
- e The first white men to see this canyon were Spaniards exploring with ___________ and his expedition in 1540.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The desert is divided into five regions. What are they?
- This is located in California and is known to be the hottest and driest part of North America.
- The world's most spectacular limestone caverns and they lie in part of the Chihuahuan Desert?
- This is the largest cactus in the world?
- What forest lies in the Painted Desert?
5 True/False questions
Havasupai Indians → These Indians live in the Painted Desert and use the brightly colored sands to make their famous sand paintings.
Retrified Forest National Park → What forest lies in the Painted Desert?
Mt. Whitney → This is located in California and is known to be the hottest and driest part of North America.
Great Salt Lake Desert → This is the largest saltwater lake in North America and the largest natural lake west of the Mississippi River?
North American Desert → This ia a vast, arid region that spreads into eleven states and parts of Mexico?