5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Mt. Whitney
- Big Room
- Painted Desert
- Navajo and Hopi Indians
- a The Grand Canyon is a _______cut almost straight down through the plateau.
- b These Indians live in the Painted Desert and use the brightly colored sands to make their famous sand paintings.
- c This is the highest point int he United States outside Alaska?
- d The Carlsbad Caverns covers area of about 70 square miles and houses the largest underground chamber in North America which is called the?
- e Stretching for 200 miles along the Little Colorado River in the northeastern Arizona is this magnificent Desert?
5 Multiple choice questions
- The largest canyon in the world?
- Near the bottom of the Grand Canyon these Indians lived?
- This is the oldest known living tree. It is a bristle cone that is said to be over 4,700 years old.
- This ia a vast, arid region that spreads into eleven states and parts of Mexico?
- Which areas are covered by the Columbia Plateau?
5 True/False questions
Great Salt Lake → This is noted for its extremely level salt beds that are as hard as cement?
Petrified Forest National Park → What forest lies in the Painted Desert?
huge dunes of dazzling white sands → The Chihuahuan Desert is especailly known for?
bristlecone pine → Stretching for 200 miles along the Little Colorado River in the northeastern Arizona is this magnificent Desert?
About one fourth → How much of the Sonaran Desert is below sea level?