5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- people of the blue-green water
- Colorado River
- huge dunes of dazzling white sands
- Mt. Whitney
- a What river flows through the Grand Canyon?
- b These sand in the Chihuahuan Deset are made almost entirely of ________, the mineral from which plaster of Paris is made?
- c This is the highest point int he United States outside Alaska?
- d Another name for the Havasupai Indians is?
- e The Chihuahuan Desert is especailly known for?
5 Multiple choice questions
- What forest lies in the Painted Desert?
- This desrt lies partly in Arizona, New Mexico and Texas, but mostly in the Mexican state of Chihuahua.
- The Great Basin __________ _________ lives longer than any other tree in the world.
- This is the largest and most colorful desert in the world. It is located in Arizona.
- The deepest canyon in the United States?
5 True/False questions
Great Salt Lake → This is noted for its extremely level salt beds that are as hard as cement?
Havasupai Indians → These Indians live in the Painted Desert and use the brightly colored sands to make their famous sand paintings.
North American Desert → This desrt lies partly in Arizona, New Mexico and Texas, but mostly in the Mexican state of Chihuahua.
Big Room → The Carlsbad Caverns covers area of about 70 square miles and houses the largest underground chamber in North America which is called the?
Great Basin Desert → This is noted for its extremely level salt beds that are as hard as cement?