5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Petrified Forest National Park
- huge dunes of dazzling white sands
- 134 degrees F
- between the mountains
- Painted Desert
- a The highest temperature recorded int he US occurred in Death Valley in July 1913? What was the temperature?
- b Intermountain means?
- c Stretching for 200 miles along the Little Colorado River in the northeastern Arizona is this magnificent Desert?
- d What forest lies in the Painted Desert?
- e The Chihuahuan Desert is especailly known for?
5 Multiple choice questions
- The Carlsbad Caverns covers area of about 70 square miles and houses the largest underground chamber in North America which is called the?
- The Great Basin __________ _________ lives longer than any other tree in the world.
- Which areas are covered by the Columbia Plateau?
- The world's most spectacular limestone caverns and they lie in part of the Chihuahuan Desert?
- This desert is in western Mexico, southern California, and Arizona.
5 True/False questions
Hells Canyon → The deepest canyon in the United States?
Havasupai Indians → Near the bottom of the Grand Canyon these Indians lived?
Coronado → The first white men to see this canyon were Spaniards exploring with ___________ and his expedition in 1540.
Navajo and Hopi Indians → These Indians live in the Painted Desert and use the brightly colored sands to make their famous sand paintings.
Colorado River → This desert is in western Mexico, southern California, and Arizona.