5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Durham-Humphrey Amendment
- Pure Food and Drug Act of 1906
- a established two classes of drugs, over the counter (OTC) and prescription. And mandated that labels of prescription, drugs include the legend. Caution Federal Law Prohibits dispensing without a prescription.
- b Patient Package Inserts FDA requires to distribute PPI's to educate the pt about proper care and dangers of prescription drugs.
- c Form required to order c-s I and II. Also need to transfer c-s I and II between pharmacies, and to returns to wholesaler or manufacturer. all DEA-222 come in triplicate.
- d This law was passed by congress because of the concern about the risks to public health and safety associated with unsanitary and poorly labeled foods and drugs.
- e a federal insurance program for persons over the age of 65 and qualified disabled or blind persons regardless of income
5 Multiple choice questions
- Protected Health Information. Individually identifiable health information transmitted or maintained in any form. except employment records.
- A review of the patients medication profile by a pharmacist to screen for any drug problems prior to the drug being dispensed. (therapeutic duplications, drug-drug interactions, incorrect dosage, drug-allergy interactions, clinical abuse or misuse).
- A voluntary prescription drug benefit to medicare.
- Recognized standards that are similar to laws.
- Pharmacist are equally responsible for compliance with both Federal and State laws. If the federal law or regulation is more stringent then comparable state law, the more stringent law must be followed.
5 True/False questions
The patients Bill of Rights → A declaration ensuring that all patients, inpatients, outpatients, and emergency patients are afforded their rights in a health care institution.
Federal Statuates → A voluntary prescription drug benefit to medicare.
Food and drug Administration modernization Act of 1997. (FDAMA) → Promulgates rules and regulation and standards; inspects drug and food facilities to ensure public safety regarding drug products.
Kefauver-Harris Amendment → An amendment to the federal food and cosmetic act that required all new drugs marketed in the united states to be shown to not only safe, but effective.
HIPAA → Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1990. Mandated three main provisions. Drug manufacturers provide the lowest price to medicaid patients. That drug review and patient counseling are now mandated.