5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Poison Prevention Act of 1970
- Prospective Drug Review
- a amendment to the Federal hazardous act. It regulates certain household products to be in special packaging that makes it hard for children to open but easy for most adults (child resistant containers).
- b a federal insurance program for persons over the age of 65 and qualified disabled or blind persons regardless of income
- c Protected Health Information. Individually identifiable health information transmitted or maintained in any form. except employment records.
- d A review of the patients medication profile by a pharmacist to screen for any drug problems prior to the drug being dispensed. (therapeutic duplications, drug-drug interactions, incorrect dosage, drug-allergy interactions, clinical abuse or misuse).
- e The Health Insurance and Portability and Accountability Act, a federal law protecting the privacy of patient-specific health care information and providing the patient with control over how this information is used and distributed.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Used to help manufacturers to quickly get their drugs to market. Encourage manufacturers to conduct research for new uses of drugs and to submit new drug applications. (NDAs). To encourage drug manufacturers to perform pediatric studies of drugs.
- This law was passed by congress because of the concern about the risks to public health and safety associated with unsanitary and poorly labeled foods and drugs.
- A declaration ensuring that all patients, inpatients, outpatients, and emergency patients are afforded their rights in a health care institution.
- Federal law through which the Food and Drug Administration promulgates it's rules and regulations (FDCA)
- Body established to ensure that the public is well served professionally by pharmacist.
5 True/False questions
OSHA → Occupational Safety and Health Administration (1970). Was created to decrease hazards in the work place.
Orphan Drugs → Are used to treat relatively rare diseases. A rare disease is one that effects less then 200,000 persons or that the cost of developing it could not be made back from sales of the drug.
Durham-Humphrey Amendment → established two classes of drugs, over the counter (OTC) and prescription. And mandated that labels of prescription, drugs include the legend. Caution Federal Law Prohibits dispensing without a prescription.
Federal versus state drug control laws. → Pharmacist are equally responsible for compliance with both Federal and State laws. If the federal law or regulation is more stringent then comparable state law, the more stringent law must be followed.
Food and Drug Administration → Promulgates rules and regulation and standards; inspects drug and food facilities to ensure public safety regarding drug products.