5 Written questions
4 Matching questions
- a The teacher hands the student a PECS book and says, "what do you want?" the student takes the picture of their favorite stuffed animal and hands it to the teacher. The teacher gives the student the stuffed animal.
- b A skill in which the student points to something corresponding to the speakers instruction.
- c A teacher holds up a picture of a dog and says, "what is this?" The student says "dog."
- d The type of system used by the speaker: vocal speech, sign, Picture exchange communication system...
5 Multiple choice questions
- Receptive or Expressive? the teacher places a picture of a cat, dog, and apple and says, "show me the one you eat." The student points to the apple
- The person who's behavior we typically identify in verbal behavior. Someone who engages in verbal behavior by emitting mands, tacts, intrverbals, etc.
- The teacher holds a piece of candy in her hand. The student signs "candy" and the teacher gives the student the candy.
- Requires a speaker and listener. Behavior whose reinforcement is mediated by a listener; includes both vocal-verbal behavior, nonvocal-verbal behavior, and augmenatitive devices.
- The teacher signs, "apple." The student signs, "apple."
5 True/False questions
Expressive → A skill in which the student uses their communication modality to engage in any of the verbal operants.
Tact → A mother and son are looking up at the sky. An airplane fly's by and the son says, "Airplane!" Mom responds by saying, "that's right!"
Intraverbal → A fill in the blank, or feature, function, or class. A conversational skill.
Listener → The person who's behavior we typically identify in verbal behavior. Someone who engages in verbal behavior by emitting mands, tacts, intrverbals, etc.
Echoic → Repeating a word, sound, pitch, syllable emphais, sentence, or phrase stated by the speaker.