5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a comfort, relief; to comfort, console
- b open to or marked by bribery or corruption
- c to wave or flourish in a menacing or vigorous fashion
- d dignified, majestic
- e to include or contain; to be made up of
5 Multiple choice questions
- stale, moldy; out-of-date
- coming at a bad time; not appropriate
- definite, clearly stated
- unfavorable, threatening, of bad omen
- meddling; excessively forward in offering services or assuming authority.
5 True/False questions
deft → stale, moldy; out-of-date
destitute → to tear up by the root; to destroy totally
premeditated → considered beforehand, deliberately planned.
ironic → suggesting an incongruity between what might be expected and what actually happens; given to irony and sarasm.
accede → to yield to; to assume an office or dignity