5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- 13. Which type of flash memory card is currently the smallest type card and the most popular?
- 6. How much data can a CD hold?
- 20. What Windows Vista utility is used to change the burn speed for CDs and DVDs?
- 18. Why might a musical keyboard have two MIDI ports?
- 4. What type of file system is used by Blu-ray discs?
- a UDF version 2.5 file system.
- b One port for input, one port for output.
A midi port can do one or the other, not both at the same time.
- c Micro SDH Card.
- d To change the CD/DVD burn rate in Vista, open Windows Media Player, click on the down-arrow under burn and select "More Burn Options" from the drop-down menu. In the Options box that appears, click the Burn tab and then select the new burn rate.
- e 120 mm (5 inches) : 700MB/80 minutes
5 Multiple choice questions
- Tape Drives. The biggest disadvantage of using tape drives is that data is stored on tape by sequential access; to read data from anywhere on the tape, you must start at the beginning of the tape and read until you come to the sought-after data.
- PATA or SATA.
- If you are using a single speaker or two speakers with a single sound cable, connect the cable to the green sound port on the motherboard, which is usually the middle port.
- USB media reader or USB card reader.
5 True/False questions
12. Which costs more, a CD-R or a CD-RW disc? → CD-RW.
2. What type of compression format is popular for audio files? → MP3.
14. What type flash memory card looks the same and is interchangeable with a MicroSD card? → Micro SDH Card.
9. What color laser beam does a Blu-ray drive use? → Blue laser beam.
8. What color laser beam does a CD and DVD drive use? → Red laser beam.