5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- 2. What type of compression format is popular for audio files?
- 15. Which type of removable storage device can only access its data sequentially and not randomly?
- 3. What type of adapter card allows you to watch TV using your computer?
- 4. What type of file system is used by Blu-ray discs?
- 1. Which speaker port should you use when connecting a single speaker to a PC?
- a PCI TV Tuner card, generally known as Internal TV Tuner Card.
- b If you are using a single speaker or two speakers with a single sound cable, connect the cable to the green sound port on the motherboard, which is usually the middle port.
- c Tape Drives. The biggest disadvantage of using tape drives is that data is stored on tape by sequential access; to read data from anywhere on the tape, you must start at the beginning of the tape and read until you come to the sought-after data.
- d UDF version 2.5 file system.
- e MP3.
5 Multiple choice questions
- To change the CD/DVD burn rate in Vista, open Windows Media Player, click on the down-arrow under burn and select "More Burn Options" from the drop-down menu. In the Options box that appears, click the Burn tab and then select the new burn rate.
- Red laser beam.
5 True/False questions
18. Why might a musical keyboard have two MIDI ports? → One port for input, one port for output.
A midi port can do one or the other, not both at the same time.
19. If you need your laptop to read an SD card but the laptop does not have a memory card slot, what device can you buy to read the card? → USB media reader or USB card reader.
5. What two types of interfaces might be used by an internal DVD drive? → UDF version 2.5 file system.
6. How much data can a CD hold? → 120 mm (5 inches) : 700MB/80 minutes
12. Which costs more, a CD-R or a CD-RW disc? → 120 mm (5 inches) : 700MB/80 minutes