5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- end rhyme
- figure of speech
- a A word or phrase that describes one thing in terms of something else that's different from it.
- b The accented vowel sounds of all sounds following them are separated.
- c The rhyme that occurs at the end of the rhyme.
- d The villain of the story.
- e A piece of writing that has more depth then a short story, but is smaller than a novel.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The kinds of writing that creates a clear image of something, usually by using details that appeal to one or more of our senses.
- Comparing one unlike thing to another to describe it.
- The use of clues to suggest events that will happen later in the story.
- An external conflict is against opposing forces or characters, and internal happens in the mind.
- When a character sees something from their perspective.
5 True/False questions
plot → What happens in a story.
allusion → A figure of speech that refers to a well-known object or thing.
flashback → A short piece of writing usually told by the author.
personification → The kinds of writing that creates a clear image of something, usually by using details that appeal to one or more of our senses.
metaphor → Like a simile, though it doesn't use like or as.