5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- short story
- a A small piece of writing that has little depth.
- b Comparing one unlike thing to another to describe it.
- c The sudden moment when memories come back to a character.
- d Like a simile, though it doesn't use like or as.
- e A figure of speech that refers to a well-known object or thing.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The use of clues to suggest events that will happen later in the story.
- When a character sees something from their perspective.
- The hero or usually main character of the story.
- The character's outlook on events.
- A word or phrase that describes one thing in terms of something else that's different from it.
5 True/False questions
hyperbole → A great exaggeration.
dialogue → What happens in a story.
antagonist → The villain of the story.
conflict (external and internal) → An external conflict is against opposing forces or characters, and internal happens in the mind.
irony → Contrast between what is expected and what actually happens.