5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- rhyme scheme
- conflict (external and internal)
- a An external conflict is against opposing forces or characters, and internal happens in the mind.
- b Patterns of rhymes in a poem.
- c The kinds of writing that creates a clear image of something, usually by using details that appeal to one or more of our senses.
- d What happens in a story.
- e A piece of writing that has more depth then a short story, but is smaller than a novel.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A small piece of writing that has little depth.
- The rhyme that occurs at the end of the rhyme.
- Giving something human-like features.
- A great exaggeration.
- The anxiety that we feel about what will happen next in a story.
5 True/False questions
theme → The idea about life revealed in a work of literature.
dialogue → Comparing one unlike thing to another to describe it.
foreshadowing → The use of clues to suggest events that will happen later in the story.
protagonist → The hero or usually main character of the story.
tone → The character's outlook on events.