5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- conflict (external and internal)
- rhyme scheme
- a The accented vowel sounds of all sounds following them are separated.
- b Patterns of rhymes in a poem.
- c A piece of writing that has more depth then a short story, but is smaller than a novel.
- d The villain of the story.
- e An external conflict is against opposing forces or characters, and internal happens in the mind.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Contrast between what is expected and what actually happens.
- The anxiety that we feel about what will happen next in a story.
- words that describe what they sound like.
- The rhyme that occurs at the end of the rhyme.
- A word or phrase that describes one thing in terms of something else that's different from it.
5 True/False questions
dialogue → Speech between characters.
foreshadowing → The use of clues to suggest events that will happen later in the story.
mood → The character's attitude and emotions.
simile → Comparing one unlike thing to another to describe it.
plot → The character's attitude and emotions.