5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a a holy war waged by Muslims against infidels
- b characterized by jokes and good humor
- c n. The celebration of an anniversary, especially a fiftieth anniversary or beyond.
- d 1. any large, overpowering, destructive force or object, as war, a giant battleship, or a powerful football team.
2. anything requiring blind devotion or cruel sacrifice
- e possible to justify or defend, understandable, reasonable
5 Multiple choice questions
- moving in jumps; jerky: easily upset or excited; nervous
- prolonged lamentation or complaint
- a playful imitation of language consisting of invented, meaningless words; nonsense; gibberish.
- (phrase) literally "i do not know what" (used as a noun) "that certain something that is likable, but i can't quite describe it"
- a late arrival or participant; newcomer:
5 True/False questions
Jack of all trades → the die is cast, a piont of no return
judicial → (adj.) using or showing good judgment by the individual, wise, sensible
jus soli → the principle that a person's nationality at birth is determined by the place of birth
jabber → bored from too much pleasure or overindulgence
jejune → lacking in nutritive value; lacking in interest or substance; immature, juvenile