6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- A ___ is made up of two or more VERBS that have the same subject.
- A ___ is two or more sentences written as though they were a single sentence.
- Every ___ has two basic parts: a subject and a predicate.
- The ___ is the MAIN word or words in the complete subject.
- An ___ is a word or group of words that TELLS to WHOM or WHAT (or for whom or what) an action is performed.
- A ___ follows a linking verb and defines or RENAMES the subject.
6 True/False questions
subject complement → A ___ is a word or group of words that follow a linking verb AND renames or describes the subject.
sentence fragment → A ___ is a PART of a sentence that is written as if it were a complete sentence.
verb or verb phrase → A ___ is made up of a main verb AND one or more helping verbs.
subjects → A ___ can be used to: make a statement, ask a question, to make a request or give a command, or to show strong feelings.
question → In some sentences beginning with here or there, ___ follow verbs. To find the ___ in such sentences, look for the verb and ask the question who or what.
compound subject → A ___ is made up of two or more SUBJECTS that share the same verb.