6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- A ___ follows a linking verb and descibes a QUALITY of the subject.
- A ___ is made up of a main verb AND one or more helping verbs.
- A ___ is a PART of a sentence that is written as if it were a complete sentence.
- A ___ follows a linking verb and defines or RENAMES the subject.
- A ___ is made up of two or more VERBS that have the same subject.
- A ___ is a word to express an action, a condition, or a state of being.
6 True/False questions
indirect object → A ___ is a word or group of words that NAMES the RECEIVER of the action of an action verb.
run-on sentence → A ___ can be used to: make a statement, ask a question, to make a request or give a command, or to show strong feelings.
simple subject → A ___ is made up of two or more SUBJECTS that share the same verb.
question → In a ___ the subject usually comes after the verb or BETWEEN parts of the verb phrase.
subjects → In some sentences beginning with here or there, ___ follow verbs. To find the ___ in such sentences, look for the verb and ask the question who or what.
direct object → A ___ is a word or group of words that NAMES the RECEIVER of the action of an action verb.