6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- In a ___ the subject usually comes after the verb or BETWEEN parts of the verb phrase.
- The ___ is the MAIN word or words in the complete subject.
- A ___ is a word or group of words that NAMES the RECEIVER of the action of an action verb.
- A ___ is a PART of a sentence that is written as if it were a complete sentence.
- A ___ is a group of words that expresses a COMPLETE thought.
- A ___ follows a linking verb and descibes a QUALITY of the subject.
6 True/False questions
verb or verb phrase → A ___ is a word to express an action, a condition, or a state of being.
complete sentence → A ___ is two or more sentences written as though they were a single sentence.
compound verb → A ___ is made up of two or more SUBJECTS that share the same verb.
verb phrase → A ___ is made up of a main verb AND one or more helping verbs.
subjects → A ___ can be used to: make a statement, ask a question, to make a request or give a command, or to show strong feelings.
subject complement → A ___ is a word or group of words that NAMES the RECEIVER of the action of an action verb.