6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- line that is the commercial organization responsible for operating a railway system
- Visited England and returned to the US to open a mill in Mass. that brought spining and weaving in one building in a town named after him
- a boat propelled by a steam engine
- Urban apartment buildings that served as housing for poor factory workers. Often poorly constructed and overcrowded.
- new invention for weaving-enabled the weaver to throw the shuttle back and forth between the threads with one hand (replaced the loom)
- Process of industrial development in which countries evolve economically, from producing basic, primary goods to using modern factories for mass-producing goods. At the highest levels of development, national economies are geared mainly toward the delivery of services and exchange of information.
5 True/False questions
Cotton Gin → Places that brought together workers and machines to produce large quantities of goods
Power Loom → line that is the commercial organization responsible for operating a railway system
Urbanization → The practice of rotating use of different fields from crop to crop each year, to avoid exhausting the soil.
Crop Rotation → The practice of rotating use of different fields from crop to crop each year, to avoid exhausting the soil.
Factories → one of the fenced-in or hedged-in fields created by wealthy British landowners on land that was formerly worked by village farmers