6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- The practice of rotating use of different fields from crop to crop each year, to avoid exhausting the soil.
- the social process whereby cities grow and societies become more urban
- Urban apartment buildings that served as housing for poor factory workers. Often poorly constructed and overcrowded.
- one of the fenced-in or hedged-in fields created by wealthy British landowners on land that was formerly worked by village farmers
- small-scale industry that can be carried on at home by family members using their own equipment
- Places that brought together workers and machines to produce large quantities of goods
5 True/False questions
Steamboat → external-combustion engine in which heat is used to raise steam which either turns a turbine or forces a piston to move up and down in a cylinder
Flying Shuttle → He memorized the way that the British made machines and he brought the idea to America. He made our first cotton spinning machine.
Spinning Jenny → Urban apartment buildings that served as housing for poor factory workers. Often poorly constructed and overcrowded.
Power Loom → a loom operated mechanically, run by water putting the loom side by side wit hthe spinning machines in factories, changed workers job from running it to watching it, Invented in 1787, invented by Edward Cartwright , it speeded up the production of textiles
Francis Cabot Lowell → the social process whereby cities grow and societies become more urban