6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- Process of industrial development in which countries evolve economically, from producing basic, primary goods to using modern factories for mass-producing goods. At the highest levels of development, national economies are geared mainly toward the delivery of services and exchange of information.
- small-scale industry that can be carried on at home by family members using their own equipment
- Places that brought together workers and machines to produce large quantities of goods
- Children were viewed as laborers throughout the 19th century. Many children worked on farms, small businesses, mills and factories.
- a loom operated mechanically, run by water putting the loom side by side wit hthe spinning machines in factories, changed workers job from running it to watching it, Invented in 1787, invented by Edward Cartwright , it speeded up the production of textiles
- a boat propelled by a steam engine
5 True/False questions
Spinning Jenny → Urban apartment buildings that served as housing for poor factory workers. Often poorly constructed and overcrowded.
Cotton Gin → external-combustion engine in which heat is used to raise steam which either turns a turbine or forces a piston to move up and down in a cylinder
Crop Rotation → the social process whereby cities grow and societies become more urban
Samuel Slater → He memorized the way that the British made machines and he brought the idea to America. He made our first cotton spinning machine.
Tenements → Urban apartment buildings that served as housing for poor factory workers. Often poorly constructed and overcrowded.