5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- ex officio
- a SYNONYM of amend
- b SYNONYM of abstruse, arcane
- c SYNONYM of infer
- d By virtue of being the Dear Leader, Kim Jong-Il is also the ________ Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces of Best Korea.
- e SYNONYM of impinge
5 Multiple choice questions
- ADJECTIVE: pompous or overBLOWN in language; full of high-sounded words intended to conceal a lack of ideas; NEGATIVE CONNOTATION
- Though Harry would normally have been cheered up by the festivities, they did little to ________ his discomforts.
- SYNONYM of poach
- OPPOSITE of not directly elected/gained
- NOUN: poise, assurance, great self-confidence; perpendicularity; POSITIVE CONNOTATION
5 True/False questions
surmise → Just because gravity is a theory doesn't mean its merely a _______.
epitome → SYNONYM of archetype, model
millennium → ANTONYM of glorify and extol
inveigh → VERB: to violate, trespass, go beyond recognized bounds
lassitude → SYNONYM of poach