Create an account
Vaenget Nord Site
- 22 burials
- trash on site
- domains of houses
- evidence of base camps
- broad spectrum diet.
Carrier Mills, Black Earth Site, Illinois
- Enormous archaic site
- massive trash middens
- evidence of permanent base camps
- 77 different species
- broad spectrum diets
- cemetery with 154 burials (no more than 500)
- specialized technology (e.g-fishooks)
- 139 rooms
- domesticated wheat, barely, sheep
- uncovered a densely packed site
- beehive like structure
- built from mud bricks
- vulture shrine
- bull horn features
- no doors (get in through the roof)
Guila Naquitz Cave, Valley of Oaxaca, Mexico
- Shelter used by hunter gatherers
- used as seasonal camp site
- took advantage of wild plants and animals because they hadn't discovered agriculture
- earliest domesticate= squash
- used food as containers
Tehuacan Valley research
- early domesticates appeared in the context of mobile hunter gatherer societies
- mesoamerican cultivators remained mobile for thousands of years after domesticate
- settled village life and pottery does not appear until after 5000 BC
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
Having trouble? Click here for help.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions and try again
Reload the page to try again!Reload
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.
Please upgrade Flash or install Chrome
to use Voice Recording.
For more help, see our troubleshooting page.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.
Star this term
You can study starred terms together