Upgrade to remove ads
Politics of the United States
Terms in this set (11)
How can the president check Congress' power to make laws?
Can veto congressional legislation
How can the supreme court check congress' power to make laws?
Can declare laws unconstitutional
How can congress check the presidents power to veto laws?
Can overide a veto
How can congress check the presidents power in foreign affairs?
Can refuse to approve treaties made with other nations
How can congress check the power of the Supreme Court?
Can impeach and remove them from office
The Congress, House of R, and the Senate (House and senate can veto eachothers bills)
1. Overide presidents veto with 2/3 vote in each house
2. Impeach president
3. Refuse to approve presidents appointments to court and other offices
4. Refuse to approve treaties with other nations
5. Impeach judges
6. amend the constitution
1. Veto laws passed by congress
2. Appoints judges to the supreme court and other courts
1. Can declare laws passed by congress unconstitutional
2. Can declare actions taken by the president unconstitutional
Sets found in the same folder
Civics Chpt 3&4 T or F
Constitution Crossword Puzzle
Sets with similar terms
Checks and Balances
Three Branches Review
Branches of Government
3 Branches of Government
Other Quizlet sets
Civics Exam (not really, its just a test)
civics test 3/23