5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- old and feeble; worn-out, ruined; Tiresias the most decrepit person there, Oedipus can't see the truth Tiresias can
- a means to an end; going to the Oracles (or the gods) is a means to an end as they either help them solve the problem or they fix it; bringing in Tiresias is...
- someone who makes predictions of the future (usually on the basis of special knowledge) Tieresisus.... Jocasta says you can't put any faith in soothsayers because they predicted that their sou would kill Laius and marry her, so Laius had their so murdered
- of the greatest intensity, for example Oedipus has a very intensity temper, the supplicants who have gathered on his places steps suffer form profound sadness and profound
- something that causes pain or suffering; suffering; the plagues the city's suffering; the children dying is an affliction; the murder is the cause
5 True/False questions
Hubris → dead and rotting flesh, Chorus in its song referring to the Sphinx is....
Supplication → something that causes pain or suffering; suffering; the plagues the city's suffering; the children dying is an affliction; the murder is the cause
Oracle → an order issued by someone in authority; Oedipus ordered that whoever committed the murder would be found and punished regardless of who it is
Duplicity → freedom from pride; Oedipus is not free form pride. "Once more i must bring what is dark to light"; a sense of lowliness ; lowliness; Oedipus ain't got his either. "I, Oedipus, who bear the famous name" modesty, nope, Oedipus lacks it, he calls his people "My Children"
Accountable → responsible; Oedipus is responsible to his people to find out about he plague, find the murderer, and punish him, even if him is himself