5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- deja vu
- She began reminiscing about the way she ___________ to get meat during the war by finding a vegetarian family in the neighborhood and trading her vegetable ration card for their meat card.
- He is not above a trivial caper movie like Ocean's Eleven, but invests it with such ____________ that it becomes pure pleasure to watch.
- a that eerie sense that "I've experienced this before." Cues from the current situation may subconsciously trigger retrieval of an earlier experience.
- b elan
- c confined to and understandable by only an enlightened inner circle
- d finagled
- e rumpled, mussed; hanging in disorder
5 Multiple choice questions
- an accomplished, presumably irreversible act or deed
- a verbal mistake that is thought to reveal an unconscious belief, thought, or emotion
- a complete failure
- a standard or typical example
5 True/False questions
It is always painful to part from people whom one has known for a very brief space of time. The absence of old friends one can endure with ___________ . → equanimity
I began to fret that I might have committed a __________ by coming in without making an appointment. → finagled
finagle → a complete failure
euphemism → confined to and understandable by only an enlightened inner circle
fait accompli → a complete failure