5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- deja vu
- fait accompli
- a enthusiastic and assured vigor and liveliness
- b When the patrons were allowed in to the Apple sore, a _____________ occurred outside while some patrons had to wait their turn to enter.
- c that eerie sense that "I've experienced this before." Cues from the current situation may subconsciously trigger retrieval of an earlier experience.
- d When the Navy seals completed their mission it was a ___________________ .
- e distasteful (because excessive); excessively sweet or sentimental
5 Multiple choice questions
- The condo was the ________________ of wealth with the outstanding views and services provided by the concierge.
- The pond was an _______________ place to fish because it was recently stocked with trout and other fish.
- a personal attractiveness that enables you to influence others
- confined to and understandable by only an enlightened inner circle
5 True/False questions
Half of the audience went out, trampinig in heavy boots, and laughing. The whole thing was a ______________. → fiasco
glib → preformed with a natural, offhand ease; marked by ease and fluency of speech or writing that suggests or stems from insincerity, superficiality, or deceitfulness
dilettante → achieve something by means of trickery or devious methods
euphemism → an indirect, less offensive way of saying something that is considered unpleasant
idiosyncratic → His _________________ habits which were very specific and eccentric were a key lead for the dectectives to solve the case.