5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- deja vu
- The distinction between mind and body is an artificial ____________ .
- a that eerie sense that "I've experienced this before." Cues from the current situation may subconsciously trigger retrieval of an earlier experience.
- b dichotomy
- c a complete failure
- d showing frivolous or superficial interest
- e The press _______________ was more successful for the new candidate.
5 Multiple choice questions
- faux pas
- understood only by a small group or a select few
- an accomplished, presumably irreversible act or deed
5 True/False questions
disheveled → rumpled, mussed; hanging in disorder
cloying → enthusiastic and assured vigor and liveliness
equanimity → to speak or act in a way that allows for more than one interpretation; to be deliberately vague or ambiguous
He is not above a trivial caper movie like Ocean's Eleven, but invests it with such ____________ that it becomes pure pleasure to watch. → elan
charisma → a personal attractiveness that enables you to influence others