5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- fait accompli
- It is always painful to part from people whom one has known for a very brief space of time. The absence of old friends one can endure with ___________ .
- a calmness, composure, refusal to panic
- b equanimity
- c an accomplished, presumably irreversible act or deed
- d preformed with a natural, offhand ease; marked by ease and fluency of speech or writing that suggests or stems from insincerity, superficiality, or deceitfulness
- e distasteful (because excessive); excessively sweet or sentimental
5 Multiple choice questions
- showing frivolous or superficial interest
- When the patrons were allowed in to the Apple sore, a _____________ occurred outside while some patrons had to wait their turn to enter.
- giving and careful attention to detail
- a verbal mistake that is thought to reveal an unconscious belief, thought, or emotion
- faux pas
5 True/False questions
ennui → weariness and dissatisfaction from lack of occupation or interest, boredom
kitsch → art characterized by sentimental, often pretentious bad taste
elan → preformed with a natural, offhand ease; marked by ease and fluency of speech or writing that suggests or stems from insincerity, superficiality, or deceitfulness
insidious → doing harm in a subtle manner
fait accompli → When the Navy seals completed their mission it was a ___________________ .