5 Written questions
4 Matching questions
- a rumpled, mussed; hanging in disorder
- b doing harm in a subtle manner
- c a mild, indirect, or vague word used instead of one considered harsh, blunt, or offensive
- d The condo was the ________________ of wealth with the outstanding views and services provided by the concierge.
5 Multiple choice questions
- confined to and understandable by only an enlightened inner circle
- faux pas
- When the Navy seals completed their mission it was a ___________________ .
- a standard or typical example
- His _________________ habits which were very specific and eccentric were a key lead for the dectectives to solve the case.
5 True/False questions
dichotomy → A division into two parts
fait accompli → a complete failure
fiasco → art characterized by sentimental, often pretentious bad taste
idyllic → preformed with a natural, offhand ease; marked by ease and fluency of speech or writing that suggests or stems from insincerity, superficiality, or deceitfulness
glib → enthusiastic and assured vigor and liveliness