5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The distinction between mind and body is an artificial ____________ .
- Her father's obsession with fleas, however, was not a ____________ enthusiasm.
- a dilettante
- b to speak or act in a way that allows for more than one interpretation; to be deliberately vague or ambiguous
- c a complete failure
- d a mild, indirect, or vague word used instead of one considered harsh, blunt, or offensive
- e dichotomy
5 Multiple choice questions
- a personal attractiveness that enables you to influence others
- weariness and dissatisfaction from lack of occupation or interest, boredom
- achieve something by means of trickery or devious methods
- calmness, composure, refusal to panic
- an accomplished and presumably irreversible deed, fact, or action
5 True/False questions
fiasco → When the patrons were allowed in to the Apple sore, a _____________ occurred outside while some patrons had to wait their turn to enter.
disheveled → rumpled, mussed; hanging in disorder
dichotomy → A division into two parts
junket → The press _______________ was more successful for the new candidate.
euphemism → an indirect, less offensive way of saying something that is considered unpleasant