5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- It is always painful to part from people whom one has known for a very brief space of time. The absence of old friends one can endure with ___________ .
- a preformed with a natural, offhand ease; marked by ease and fluency of speech or writing that suggests or stems from insincerity, superficiality, or deceitfulness
- b A division into two parts
- c equanimity
- d weariness and dissatisfaction from lack of occupation or interest, boredom
- e understood only by a small group or a select few
5 Multiple choice questions
- giving and careful attention to detail
- showing frivolous or superficial interest
- a standard or typical example
5 True/False questions
fait accompli → an accomplished and presumably irreversible deed, fact, or action
euphemism → a personal attractiveness that enables you to influence others
esoteric → The pond was an _______________ place to fish because it was recently stocked with trout and other fish.
harbinger → The little fairies from I Kill Giants are considered ________________s because they often foreshadow trouble that will occur in the novel.
insidious → doing harm in a subtle manner