Upgrade to remove ads
Romeo & Juliet Scenes
1. Scene 1 - What does Mercutio say about blind love?
You cannot love someone if you are blind
2. Scene 2 - When Juliet appears on her balcony, what does Romeo compare her to?
Romeo compares her with the sun
3. Scene 2 - How does Juliet speak yet say nothing?
She uses her body language
4. Scene 2 - When Juliet leans her cheek on her hand, what does Romeo say?
Romeo want to be the glove to touch her cheek
5. Scene 2 - Unaware of his presence, what does Juliet ask Romeo to say?
to refuse his name and family
6. Scene 2 - Explain what Romeo says about names.
Names are like titles that don't exactly belong to you.
7. Scene 2 - Juliet asks how Romeo got into her place.What is Romeo's response?
Love gives him the strength to climb and nobody is going to stop him.
8. Scene 2 - Why is Juliet embarrased?
Romeo heard all of the conversation.
9. Scene 2 - Juliet is going to send someone to Romeo on the follwing day for what purpose?
To get married
10. Scene 3 - What has friar Laurence been out gathering in his basket?
Poison weeds and flowers
11. Scene 3 - Explain lines 21-22: "Virtue itself turns vice, being misapplied, / And vice sometime by action dignified?"
It is not good to do something right for the wrong reasons
12. Scene 3 - When Friar Laurence sees Romeo, what comment does Friar Laurence make about seeing Romeo so early in the morning?
He was awaken by a dream.
13. Scene 3 - What does Friar Laurence mean when he says to Romeo, "Young men's love then lies not truly in their hearts, but in their eyes"?
That young men's love is not real love
14. Scene 3 - Friar Laurence agrees to perform the marriage ceremony for Romeo and Juliet for what reason?
To make the two families stop fighting
15. Scene 15 - According to Mercutio, what kind of man is Tybalt?
He is brave; he is in charge; he fights for what he wants.
16. Scene 4 - What is the nurse saying to Romeo in lines 166-177?
She's telling Romeo to be honest and not to play with Juliet.
17. Scene 4 - How is Juliet to arrange to meet Romeo?
He is told to bring cords to make stairs and Romeo will climb up to her room.
18. Scene 5 - The nurse is supposed to be gone only a half hour, but she is actually gone for how long?
19. Scene 5 - How is the nurse behaving that is frustrating Juliet?
She's complaining; she doesn't want to tell Juliet what Romeo said.
20. Scene 6 - What does Friar Laurence mean when he says, "Therefore, love moderately; long love doth so"?
He is saying they should love each other with moderation or reasonably.
Upgrade to remove ads