5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- One Up Messages
- Preventive Tactics
- Double Bind
- a A state of alert and lively awareness involving active information processing and encouraging the creation of new categories and distinctions.
- b A situation where there is no correct response.
- c Trying to keep face loss form happening
- d Messages that indicate a desire to take control or limit the action of others.
- e The child organizes information - building models of which behaviors lead to good and bad things. They symbolically rehearse the role.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Messages that indicate a desire to give in or relinquish one's freedom.
- When we can't separate ourselves from a role.
- Goffman referred to these as materials and individuals who assist us in giving a successful performance.
- Not having your needs met by a parent in a reliable and consistent way.
- The mean parent who punishes and humiliates the child for having negative emotions.
5 True/False questions
Emotional Coaching Parent → The mean parent who punishes and humiliates the child for having negative emotions.
Appeal for Suspended Judgment → Let me tell you the whole thing before you decide if it's wrong.
Positive Face → Being liked and admired.
Extrinsic Rewards → Rewards like Popularity, admiration, pride, fame.
Disconfirming Messages → Messages from parents that threaten the child's sense of face.