5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Dismissing Parent
- Self Expansion Theory
- Mutual Negotiation
- a We give excuses/stories that make us look less foolish
- b Helps explain how identity influences the development of close relationships after first impressions are made.
- c Both partners work together to construct roles that are mutually satisfactory.
- d Wants the child's negative emotions to go away. They treat the child as unimportant.
- e Persuading people by forcing them in a social role, so that they will be inclined to behave according to that role.
5 Multiple choice questions
- They are LEARNED, GENERAL, AFFECT OUR IDENTITIES, and we have MULTIPLE.
- Using jokes to alleviate face loss.
- Things we have denied about ourselves that are actually good
- When speakers present themselves in contradictory ways.
- A pattern consisting of acts that are similar.
5 True/False questions
Punctuation → Lets us know when the sequence of communication begins.
The Self → Others who help put on a given performance.
Negative Face → Wanting to be seen as in control of your life but you actually don't have total freedom.
Retention → The environment in which your performance takes place.
Definition of the Situation → Actions designed to attract others.