5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Definition of the Situation
- Face Threatening Acts
- Emotional Labor
- Submissive Symmetry
- Expression Given Off
- a When a pattern consists of entirely one-downs.
- b Everyone in a situation has their own definition of what's going on.
- c Behaviors that threaten the loss of face
- d What a performer does unintentionally to give the audience a glimpse of what's going on inside their head.
- e Emotions people must display at work.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Festinger's theory that we compare ourselves to similar others.
- Your experiences with your care-giver in the first two years of life set you up for patterns of security and insecurity in relationships.
- A situation where there is no correct response.
- Men are more reluctant to use them than women.
- When two people develop common orientations and behaviors they guide members' perceptions of the world.
5 True/False questions
Corrective Tactics → Trying to keep face loss form happening
Impersonal Response → It's not a personal, meaningful response. Cold and cliched.
Laissez Faire Parent → The mean parent who punishes and humiliates the child for having negative emotions.
One Up Messages → Messages that indicate a desire to take control or limit the action of others.
Roles → They are LEARNED, GENERAL, AFFECT OUR IDENTITIES, and we have MULTIPLE.