5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Looking Glass Self
- One Down Messages
- Attachment Theory
- Role Conflict
- Definition of the Situation
- a Everyone in a situation has their own definition of what's going on.
- b Your experiences with your care-giver in the first two years of life set you up for patterns of security and insecurity in relationships.
- c When two or more roles are incompatible. Basically, two competing roles.
- d Messages that indicate a desire to give in or relinquish one's freedom.
- e Cooley's theory that we see ourselves based on how other people see us
5 Multiple choice questions
- The self perceived ability to identify emotions within one's self and in others.
- The child organizes information - building models of which behaviors lead to good and bad things. They symbolically rehearse the role.
- The part of your self that you are aware of
- Both partners work together to construct roles that are mutually satisfactory.
- Using jokes to alleviate face loss.
5 True/False questions
Emotional Coaching Parent → Wants the child's negative emotions to go away. They treat the child as unimportant.
Impervious Response → When your parent does not acknowledge your prosperous activity.
Two Levels of Meaning → 1. Content (What you say)
2. Relationship (What you really mean)
Expression Given → What I want you to see about me - the performance
One Up Messages → Messages that indicate a desire to take control or limit the action of others.