5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Tangential Response
- Bem's Self Perception Theory
- Insecure Attachment
- Extrinsic Rewards
- a The smallest unit to carry relational meaning, it is two acts in sequence.
- b Not having your needs met by a parent in a reliable and consistent way.
- c It asserts that people develop their attitudes by observing their behavior and concluding what attitudes must have caused them.
- d Parent briefly acknowledges the child and changes the subject.
- e Rewards like money, clothes, jewelery, etc.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Let me tell you the whole thing before you decide if it's wrong.
- Identity construction can be viewed through four frames.
2. Enactment of Communication
- Festinger's theory that we compare ourselves to similar others.
- Child starts to become more conscious of making the role authentic.
- A type of corrective tactic where you see someone lose face and you try and avoid them
5 True/False questions
Expression Given Off → What a performer does unintentionally to give the audience a glimpse of what's going on inside their head.
Expression Given → What I want you to see about me - the performance
Face → The part of the self presented to others for their approval.
Double Bind → A situation where there is no correct response.
Disconfirming Messages → Messages that help maintain a child's face and help when face is lost.