5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- When using an 80-conductor cable-select cable, the drive nearest the motherboard is the ____.
- Many brand-name computer manufacturers, such as IBM, Dell, and Gateway, use the same standard setup screens.
- The second drive installed on the cable
- On the motherboard, the ____ controls power to the motherboard and must be connected for the PC to power up.
- Chips sometimes loosen because of temperature changes; this condition is called ____.
- a Slave
- b Power SW
- c chip creep
- d master
- e False
5 Multiple choice questions
- 700 MB
- zero insertion force sockets
- linear velocity
5 True/False questions
Access to a computer can be controlled using a ____ password. → startup
At the beginning of the boot drive (usually drive C) is the OS ____ record. → boot
A good source for information about hardware devices (and software) is a site that offers product reviews and technical specifications and compares product prices and features. → RAID
The ATA interface standards are developed by Technical Committee T13 and published by ____. → CMOS RAM
A ____ device is an input device that inputs biological data about a person, which can be input data to identify a person's fingerprints, handprints, face, voice, eye, and handwritten signature. → biometric