5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Before you begin the installation, make sure the ____________________ provided with the device are written for the OS you are using.
- The goal of ____ technology is to use sights, sounds, and animation to make computer output look as much like real life as possible.
- ____ systems and peripherals have the U.S. Green Star, indicating that they satisfy certain energy-conserving standards of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
- ____ is a system BIOS feature that monitors hard drive performance, disk spin up time, temperature, distance between the head and the disk, and other mechanical activities of the drive in order to predict when the drive is likely to fail.
- ____ is a common compression standard for storing photos.
- a drivers
- b S.M.A.R.T.
- c multimedia
- d Energy Star
- e JPEG
5 Multiple choice questions
- IEEE 1394a
5 True/False questions
____ can use cables up to 100 meters (328 feet), and uses a 9-pin rectangular connector. → MIDI
Has a maximum speed of 1.5 Mbps → 1394a (FireWire)
____ CRT monitors draw a screen by making two passes. → Interlaced
Track and sector markings are written to a hard drive before it leaves the factory in a process called
____________________ formatting. → False
____ buses have been improved several times; there are currently three major categories and within each category, several variations of the bus. → Energy Star