5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The top and bottom of each disk of a magnetic hard drive have a(n) ____ that moves across the disk surface as all the disks rotate on a spindle.
- For laptops, you can adjust the brightness of the display using ____ keys.
- Key(s) to press during the boot process to access the Dell computers using Phoenix BIOS
- Access to a computer can be controlled using a ____ password.
- Can be used to receive data from a video camera
- a read/write head
- b function
- c Ctrl+Alt+Enter
- d startup
- e FireWire input/output port
5 Multiple choice questions
- Socket 478
5 True/False questions
The ____-conductor IDE cable has half the number of pins as it has wires. → startup
A video ____ card lets you capture this video input and save it to a file on your hard drive. → External hard
Many brand-name computer manufacturers, such as IBM, Dell, and Gateway, use the same standard setup screens. → False
Most likely when you first install a hard drive or an operating system, you will want to have the BIOS
attempt to first boot from a ____. → CD
On the motherboard, the ____ controls power to the motherboard and must be connected for the PC to power up. → PIO