5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- To protect the data on a USB storage device while removing it, double-click the ____ icon in the notification area before removing the device.
- Newer computers do not allow you to boot without a keyboard.
- ____ mode involves the CPU and is slower than DMA mode.
- Beginning with the Intel i800 series of chipsets, a(n) ____________________ is used to connect buses.
- The top and bottom of each disk of a magnetic hard drive have a(n) ____ that moves across the disk surface as all the disks rotate on a spindle.
- a Safely Remove Hardware
- b PIO
- c False
- d hub
- e read/write head
5 Multiple choice questions
- pin grid array
5 True/False questions
Solid state hard drives cost more and are less rugged than magnetic hard drives. → Basic disk
Sound ports embedded on a motherboard → Stereo
When burning a CD, DVD or BD, the hard drive needs some temporary holding space for the write process and should have at least ____ of free space. → 1 GB
The ____-conductor IDE cable has half the number of pins as it has wires. → 80
After the sound is recorded and digitized, many sound cards convert and compress the digitized sound to ____ format. → Hybrid hard drive