5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- modern cell theory
- a a value that indicated the acidity or alkalinity of a solution on a scale of 0-14, based on the proportion of H+ ions.
- b an attraction between molecules of different substances
- c a network of fibers that holds the cell together, helps the cell to keep its shape, and aids in movement
- d 1. All living things are made up of cells
2. Cells are the basic structural and funtional unit of
3. All cells come from other cells
- e elements-C,H,O
polymer-comlex, unsaturated lipids, oils
5 Multiple choice questions
- the proteins of a membrane that are not embedded in the lipid bilayer; they are appendages loosely bound to the surface of the membrane, often exposed to parts of the integral proteins; attached by cytoskeleton on cytoplasmic side, and by fibers of ECM on extracellular side
- in an experiment, the group that is not exposed to the treatment; contrasts with the experimental group and serves as a comparison for evaluating the effect of the treatment.
- The experimental factor that is being measured; the variable that may change in response to manipulations of the independent variable
polymer-polysaccharides, complex carbs
- internal membrane system in cells in which lipid components of the cell membrane are assembled and some proteins are modified
5 True/False questions
cohesion → an attraction between molecules of different substances
lysosomes → small, round structures containing chemicals that break down certain materials in the cell
experimental group → A subject or group of subjects in an experiment that is exposed to the factor or condition being tested.
cell efficiency → measured by surface area, decreases as it gets larger
characteristics of life → used on low power, focuses big things