5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a substance in which a solute is dissolved to form a solution
- b a value that indicated the acidity or alkalinity of a solution on a scale of 0-14, based on the proportion of H+ ions.
- c A cell that contains a nucleus and membrane bound organelles
- d has more hydroxide ions than hydronium, tastes bitter, has a pH above 7
- e a single-celled organism that does not have a nucleus or membrane-bound organelles; examples are archaea and bacteria
5 Multiple choice questions
- Made up of cells, Reproduction, Based on a genetic code, growth and development, need for materials and energy, response to the environment, homeostasis, evolution
- The organelle that contains the DNA and controls the processes of the cell
- small, round structures containing chemicals that break down certain materials in the cell
- molecule that shares electrons EQUALLY and does not have oppositely charged ends.
- the experimental factor that is manipulated; the variable whose effect is being studied
5 True/False questions
modern cell theory → a rigid layer of nonliving material that surrounds the cells of plants and some other organisms
mitochondria → organelles that convert the chemical energy stored in food into compounds that are more convenient for the cell to use
proteins → elements-C,H,O,N
function-rebuild body structures
hypothesis → an attraction between molecules of the same substance
experimental group → A subject or group of subjects in an experiment that is exposed to the factor or condition being tested.