5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Cyril and Methodius
- a during the council of trent, the number of sacraments was finally set at ___
- b The missionaries ________ and _______ eventually converted the Slavic people to Christianity when they translated the Gospels into the Slavic languages
- c Is credited with gathering and establishing the liturgical music tradition of the Western church.
- d An apostate's performance of public penance and participation in a rite of re-entry into the church was the roots of
- e followers associated most closely with Jesus
5 Multiple choice questions
- After __________, the church has been very active with movements outside of Catholicism in the modern world
- Exclusion of religious meaning or considerations for the affairs of human life
- Focus is on serving God's people and working for justice in the world.
- Christians were regarded as disloyal citizens because of their refusal to offer ______ to Roman gods or emperors
- named St. Anthony Falls and ministered to many Native americans and settlers
5 True/False questions
Karl Marx → Economic theory that proposes production be contolled by the state, first proposed by _______
Theodosius → Emperor who made Christianity the official religion of the Roman empire; persecuted Pagans
Gregory the Great → The Gregorian Chant was created by
John Ireland → At the time Vatican II was called, the standards for the Liturgy had not changed since the Council of _______.
Latin → Early apologist and martyr