5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a After Vatican II, the ______ affirmed that we are all connected and that we should be in solidarity with one another.
- b They attempted to follow Jesus by seeking the solitude of the wilderness
- c The Nicene Creed states that Jesus is one with _____
- d Philosophy holding that the universe is regulated by natural laws explainable by science
- e the centers of stability, scholarship and learning during the upheaval in the West, which led into the Middle Ages were
5 Multiple choice questions
- His works "the confessions" and "The city of God" conversions from sinner to saint, great contibutions to Christian theology
- Exhausted the Vatican's resources granting aid to the victims of the war, during WWI
- Focus is on serving God's people and working for justice in the world.
- Luther questioned the authority of the ____.
- After he became a bishop, he returned to Ireland to preach the Good News through establishment of monasteries
5 True/False questions
Leo I → Before Vatican II, most of teh mass was still in ______ and the congregation didn't participate much
Gnostics → Denied Jesus' humanity because they believed that the body is evil
Heresy → a belief that is contrary to an essential belief of Christianity is a
Catholics → The attempts of the Council of Trent to bring Protestants and _________ together failed
Cyril and Methodius → The missionaries ________ and _______ eventually converted the Slavic people to Christianity when they translated the Gospels into the Slavic languages