5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- John Ireland
- Benedict XV
- Holy Roman Empire
- a Founded St. Thomas College and built both the Cathedral of St. Paul and the Basilica of St. Mary
- b Exhausted the Vatican's resources granting aid to the victims of the war, during WWI
- c named St. Anthony Falls and ministered to many Native americans and settlers
- d the translation of the Bible into Latin was the greatest enduring contribution of ______.
- e The pope's crowning Charlemagne as Emperor of the Romans signaled the beginning of what?
5 Multiple choice questions
- Early apologist and martyr
- community of ___________ God's people gathered together to follow in the footsteps of Jesus
- St. __________ is known as the father of Western monasticism.
- The messenger that proclaims the word of God to the world
- began a religious congregation that served the poor and needy by working with them where they lived
5 True/False questions
Bishop Joseph Cretin → First but not only Christian martyr
Augustine → His works "the confessions" and "The city of God" conversions from sinner to saint, great contibutions to Christian theology
Peter → He is considered to be the first pope
Reconciliation → An apostate's performance of public penance and participation in a rite of re-entry into the church was the roots of
House churches → early Christians met here to celebrate the Eucharist