5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- Washington defeats the British at Trenton, NJ on Dec. 26, 1776 in a surprise attack.
- <General von Steuben-military expert, trained troops
<Marquis de Lafayette-19 year old French soldier, fought with Washington
- <Commanded the Bonhomme Richard
<Won many Naval battles
<Quote: "I have not yey begun to fight!"
- France signed this to say they'd be allies with the Americans and aid them with money and troops.
- <Long, hard winter for Washington here 20 miles south of Philadelphia
<Lacked blankets, coats, shoes, warm tents, $$$-had to depend on local farmers' generosity
<"Winter of Red Snow"
<2,500 soldiers died in 6 months
4 True/False questions
British Plan to Isolate New England, Turning the Tide → Washington defeats the British at Trenton, NJ on Dec. 26, 1776 in a surprise attack.
Privateers → Quote: "These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country..."
Battle of Long Island → General Howe sailed to New York City. Washington rushed from Boston to defend New York, but had no Navy to defend the city. He was outnumbered 5,000 to 25,000 troops.
Battle of Saratoga → Burgoyne was defeated! This convinced European leaders we could win the war.