1. converting the information you require into an answerable clinical question
2 tracking down, with maximum efficiency, the best evidence with which to answer it
3. Critically appraising that evidence for its
- validity ( closeness to the truth)
- impact ( size of the benefit)
- applicability ( clinical usefulness)
4. integrating that appraisal with your clinical expertise, patient biology, values & circumstances & Apply the results to your clinical practice
5. Evaluating your effectiveness & efficiency in executing previous steps & seek ways to improve your performance.