Create an account
high residual values.
all of these.
21. Major reasons why a company may become involved in leasing to other companies is (are)
Less costly financing
100% financing at fixed rates
All of these
22. Which of the following is an advantage of leasing?
Leases similar to installment purchases are capitalized.
23. Which of the following best describes current practice in accounting for leases?
a lease reflects the purchase or sale of a quantifiable right to the use of property.
24. While only certain leases are currently accounted for as a sale or purchase, there is theoretic justification for considering all leases to be sales or purchases. The principal reason that supports this idea is that
lessor conveys less than his or her total interest in the property
25.An essential element of a lease conveyance is that the
The lessee must increase the present value of the minimum lease payments by the present value of the option price.
26. What impact does a bargain purchase option have on the present value of the minimum lease payments computed by the lessee?
present value of the minimum lease payments or the fair value of the asset, whichever is lower.
27. The amount to be recorded as the cost of an asset under capital lease is equal to the
The lease term is equal to or more than 75% of the estimated economic life of the leased property.
29. Which of the following is a correct statement of one of the capitalization criteria?
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
Having trouble? Click here for help.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions and try again
Reload the page to try again!Reload
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.
Please upgrade Flash or install Chrome
to use Voice Recording.
For more help, see our troubleshooting page.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.
Star this term
You can study starred terms together