Wordly Wise 3000 Book 6 Lesson 3
Terms in this set (15)
More than enough; plentiful. adj.
Having little or no rainfall; very dry. adj.
1. Not the same; different or separate. adj.
2. Unmistakable; definite adj.
1. To feed on growing grass. v.
2. To touch lightly in passing. v.
Full of feverish activity, haste, or confusion. adj.
A large group or crowd, especially one on the move. n.
Having a large amount of water or moisture in the air. adj.
Hard or impossible to believe. adj.
To live in or on. v.
A piece of land, connected to a larger land mass, that juts out and is almost completely surrounded by water. n.
Of or relating to the country and the people who live there. adj.
1. A place of safety or shelter. n.
2. Protection offered by such a place. n.
Magnificence; brilliance of appearance. n.
Filth; misery. n.
Dirty and unfit for living, especially as a result of neglect. adj.
1. An area of land; a region. n.
2. The surface features of a region. n.