Upgrade to remove ads
IELTS Cambridge unit7
On the move
Terms in this set (18)
something such as a place, building, or equipment used for a particular purpose or activity:
- The new sports facility has a swimming pool.
a person or animal living in a place
a detailed plan or route of a trip:
- We planned our itinerary several weeks before the trip.
the business of providing services, such as transportation, places to stay, or entertainment, for tourists
a person who travels and visits places for pleasure and interest:
- Millions of tourists visit Rome every year.
willing to try new, unusual, and exciting things:
- I'm pretty adventurous in cooking (= willing to try new and unusual things).
extremely good, beautiful, or exciting:
- The violin solo was breathtaking.
near the coast:
- coastal waters
containing people and things from many different parts of the world, or having experience of many different places and things:
- a cosmopolitan city
varied or different:
(esp. of a place) attractive in appearance:
- We strolled through the picturesque streets of the old city.
attractive because of being unusual and esp. old-fashioned:
- In Spain, we visited a cobblestone plaza with quaint little cafés around its perimeter.
violent or stormy:
- The sea was too rough for sailing.
in, of, or like the country (= land not in cities):
She grew up in rural Utah.
not easily broken, weakened, or defeated; strong:
- These toys are made of tough plastic.
Results or actions that are tough are severe and determined:
- Tough new safety standards for cars are being introduced this week.
An unspoiled place is beautiful because it has not been changed or damaged by people
of or in a city or town:
- Many Americans were leaving the farm for the promise of urban life.
- Over 82% of Texans live in urban areas.
to change or vary frequently between one level or thing and another:
- Vegetable prices fluctuate according to the season.
THIS SET IS OFTEN IN FOLDERS WITH...
IELTS Cambridge Unit 18
IELTS Cambridge Unit 16
IELTS Cambridge unit1
IELTS Cambridge Unit 17
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
Vocabulary for IELTS | Unit 7 On the Move
Places, Unit 1 (Cambridge Prism 1 Readin…
Social Studies Chapter 5 The Northeast Today
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
danhnguyen的9/25查過(英) by VoiceTube
Phrasal Verbs M-S
Phrasal Verbs H-L
Phrasal Verbs G