Science Discussion Questions
1. What types of breakthroughs do you think will happen in:
a. computer science
b. artificial intelligence
c. DNA/human development
d. astronomy/other planets
f. medicine/health care
2. What were you science classes like when you were high school? (Ex. textbooks, activities, projects)
3. Which areas of science interest you the most?
4. What types of science do you think are most useful for people to learn about in school? Least useful? Why?
5. What are ways of encouraging more kids to study STEM subjects (science, technology, engineering, and math) How do you think science should be taught?
6. What are some of the most important inventions in the past that changed the world?
7. What are some recent scientific discoveries that you think have been really important?
8. What do you think is the relationship between science and religion?
9. What qualities do you think a good scientist has?
10. Who are some famous scientists that you know of? What kind of work did they do?
11. What do you think are the limits of science? What are ways that science cannot help us?
12. How do you think science can help us in our everyday lives?
13. What are some examples of scientific discoveries that you think the government needs to regulate?
14. What are examples of scientific discoveries that have caused problems or harm in the world?
15. Do you think it is a good idea to use science to improve humans? Ex lifespan, memory, physical strength, etc?
16. Do you think space exploration is important for our species? Why? Why not?
17. What are some problems in transportation that you think science should focus on? Why? How?