5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- global winds
- land breeze
- dew point
- a The temperature at which condensation begins.
- b The average amount of energy of motion in the molecules of a substance
- c The flow of air from land to a body of water.
- d The distance north or south from the equator, measured in degrees.
- e Winds that blow steadily from specific directions over long distances
5 Multiple choice questions
- The process that occurs when vaporization takes place only on the surface of a liquid; also, the process by which molecules at the surface of a liquid, such as water, absorb enough energy to change to a gaseous state, such as water vapor.
- The transfer of heat by movement of currents within a fluid.
- A form of energy with wavelengths that are longer than visible light.
- A form of energy with wavelengths that are shorter than visible light.
- Sea and land breezes over a large region that change direction with the seasons.
5 True/False questions
Coriolis effect → The process by which heat is trapped in the atmosphere by water vapor, carbon dioxide, methane, and other gases that form a "blanket" around the earth
Electromagnetic wave → A form of energy that can travel through space.
local wind → Wind that blows over short distances.
Scattering → Reflection of light in all directions
stratus → Clouds that form in flat layers.