5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Electromagnetic wave
- Coriolis effect
- a The way Earth's rotation makes winds in the Northern Hemisphere curve to the right and winds in the Southern Hemisphere curve to the left.
- b The horizontal movement of air from an area of high pressure to an area of lower pressure.
- c A form of energy that can travel through space.
- d The change from the gaseous to the liquid state of matter; also, the process by which a gas, such as water vapor, changes to a liquid, such as water.
- e An instrument used to measure relative humidity, consisting of a wet-bulb thermometer and a dry-bulb thermometer.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Clouds that form in flat layers.
- The flow of air from an ocean or lake to the land.
- Forms of water such as rain, snow, sleet, or hail that fall from clouds and reach Earth's surface.
- The temperature at which condensation begins.
- The direct transfer of energy by electromagnetic waves.
5 True/False questions
global winds → Wind that blows over short distances.
greenhouse effect → The process by which heat is trapped in the atmosphere by water vapor, carbon dioxide, methane, and other gases that form a "blanket" around the earth
Heat → The horizontal movement of air from an area of high pressure to an area of lower pressure.
ultraviolet radiation → A form of energy with wavelengths that are shorter than visible light.
infrared radiation → A form of energy with wavelengths that are shorter than visible light.