5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- relative humidity
- a The direct transfer of energy by electromagnetic waves.
- b The average amount of energy of motion in the molecules of a substance
- c The percentage of water vapor in the air compared to the maximum amount the air can hold at that temperature.
- d The change from the gaseous to the liquid state of matter; also, the process by which a gas, such as water vapor, changes to a liquid, such as water.
- e An instrument used to measure temperature, consisting of a thin, glass tube with a bulb on one end that contains a liquid, usually mercury or alcohol.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The horizontal movement of air from an area of high pressure to an area of lower pressure.
- Wind that blows over short distances.
- The transfer of heat by movement of currents within a fluid.
- Increased cooling caused by the wind.
- An instrument used to measure the amount of precipitation, consisting of an open-ended container topped by a collecting funnel and having a collecting tube and measuring scale inside.
5 True/False questions
cirrus → Clouds that form in flat layers.
land breeze → The flow of air from an ocean or lake to the land.
Coriolis effect → The way Earth's rotation makes winds in the Northern Hemisphere curve to the right and winds in the Southern Hemisphere curve to the left.
latitude → The direct transfer of energy by electromagnetic waves.
Monsoons → The horizontal movement of air from an area of high pressure to an area of lower pressure.