5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- jet streams
- infrared radiation
- greenhouse effect
- a Bands of high-speed winds about 10 kilometers above Earth's surface.
- b Forms of water such as rain, snow, sleet, or hail that fall from clouds and reach Earth's surface.
- c The process by which heat is trapped in the atmosphere by water vapor, carbon dioxide, methane, and other gases that form a "blanket" around the earth
- d A form of energy with wavelengths that are longer than visible light.
- e A water shortage caused by long periods of low precipitation in a particular area.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The transfer of heat by movement of currents within a fluid.
- The flow of air from an ocean or lake to the land.
- The change from the gaseous to the liquid state of matter; also, the process by which a gas, such as water vapor, changes to a liquid, such as water.
- Wispy, feathery clouds made of mostly ice crystals that form at high levels, above about 6 kilometers.
- The transfer of heat through direct physical contact.
5 True/False questions
evaporation → The process that occurs when vaporization takes place only on the surface of a liquid; also, the process by which molecules at the surface of a liquid, such as water, absorb enough energy to change to a gaseous state, such as water vapor.
Monsoons → Clouds that form in flat layers.
rain gauge → The distance north or south from the equator, measured in degrees.
dew point → The temperature at which condensation begins.
humidity → A measure of the amount of water vapor in the air.