5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- relative humidity
- rain gauge
- a The transfer of heat through direct physical contact.
- b An instrument used to measure the amount of precipitation, consisting of an open-ended container topped by a collecting funnel and having a collecting tube and measuring scale inside.
- c The percentage of water vapor in the air compared to the maximum amount the air can hold at that temperature.
- d Clouds that form less than 2 kilometers above the ground and look like fluffy, rounded piles of cotton.
- e Reflection of light in all directions
5 Multiple choice questions
- The transfer of heat by movement of currents within a fluid.
- The change from the gaseous to the liquid state of matter; also, the process by which a gas, such as water vapor, changes to a liquid, such as water.
- A form of energy that can travel through space.
- Increased cooling caused by the wind.
- The temperature at which condensation begins.
5 True/False questions
Wind → the movement of thermal energy from one substance to another.
jet streams → Bands of high-speed winds about 10 kilometers above Earth's surface.
thermal energy → The total energy of a substance's particles due to their movement or vibration; also, the energy of motion in the molecules of a substance.
Coriolis effect → The way Earth's rotation makes winds in the Northern Hemisphere curve to the right and winds in the Southern Hemisphere curve to the left.
drought → A water shortage caused by long periods of low precipitation in a particular area.