5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- jet streams
- Electromagnetic wave
- dew point
- a Sea and land breezes over a large region that change direction with the seasons.
- b The temperature at which condensation begins.
- c A form of energy that can travel through space.
- d Bands of high-speed winds about 10 kilometers above Earth's surface.
- e The average amount of energy of motion in the molecules of a substance
5 Multiple choice questions
- Clouds that form less than 2 kilometers above the ground and look like fluffy, rounded piles of cotton.
- Wind that blows over short distances.
- The change from the gaseous to the liquid state of matter; also, the process by which a gas, such as water vapor, changes to a liquid, such as water.
- The transfer of heat by movement of currents within a fluid.
- The way Earth's rotation makes winds in the Northern Hemisphere curve to the right and winds in the Southern Hemisphere curve to the left.
5 True/False questions
land breeze → The flow of air from an ocean or lake to the land.
Heat → The horizontal movement of air from an area of high pressure to an area of lower pressure.
ultraviolet radiation → A form of energy with wavelengths that are shorter than visible light.
psychrometer → An instrument used to measure relative humidity, consisting of a wet-bulb thermometer and a dry-bulb thermometer.
precipitation → The direct transfer of energy by electromagnetic waves.