5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- wind-chill factor
- a The transfer of heat by movement of currents within a fluid.
- b The average amount of energy of motion in the molecules of a substance
- c The direct transfer of energy by electromagnetic waves.
- d Clouds that form in flat layers.
- e Increased cooling caused by the wind.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The percentage of water vapor in the air compared to the maximum amount the air can hold at that temperature.
- The total energy of a substance's particles due to their movement or vibration; also, the energy of motion in the molecules of a substance.
- An instrument used to measure temperature, consisting of a thin, glass tube with a bulb on one end that contains a liquid, usually mercury or alcohol.
- The horizontal movement of air from an area of high pressure to an area of lower pressure.
- The change from the gaseous to the liquid state of matter; also, the process by which a gas, such as water vapor, changes to a liquid, such as water.
5 True/False questions
sea breeze → The flow of air from land to a body of water.
land breeze → The flow of air from land to a body of water.
infrared radiation → A form of energy with wavelengths that are shorter than visible light.
Monsoons → The temperature at which condensation begins.
drought → Clouds that form less than 2 kilometers above the ground and look like fluffy, rounded piles of cotton.