Create an account
1. Fearlessly daring; bold 2. Not held back by what others consider acceptable; showing willingness to offend others
The quality of holding firmly or stubbornly to a purpose, an intention, or a belief; stubborness
1. Seemingly indifferent to or unaffected by joy, grief, pleasure, or pain; determined not to complain or show feeling 2. A person who is seemingly indifferent to or unaffected by joy, grief, pleasure, or pain
1. Severe or stern in personality or appearance; somber and grave 2. Bare, without adornment
1. Referring to a large but undetermined number 2. Made up of many diverse elements or facets 3. A huge number
1. To attribute the fault or responsibility to; to relate to a particular cause or source 2. To assign as a characteristic
1. The act of restoring something to its proper owner or to is original, undamaged state 2. The act of compensating for loss, damage, or injury
1. The clear of blame, suspicion, or doubt, with supporting arguments or proof 2. To justify or prove the worth of something
1. To cause to become confused or perplexed 2. To fail to distinguish; to mix up 3. To make something bad become even worse
1. A difficult, unsolvable, or self-contradictory problem; a dilemma 2. A riddle which is answered by a pun
To use language that is evasive or ambiguous, often in an attempt to mislead; to avoid making an explicit or a straightforward statement
1. A seemingly contradictory statement that may nonetheless be true 2. something exhibiting inexplicable or contradictory aspects
1. Obvious; plain; apparent 2. A grant made by a government that confers upon the creator of an invention the sole right to make, use, and sell that invention
1. Of or relating to basic facts or principles; elementary 2. In the earliest stages of development
The quality of straying from what is conventional or customary; a deviation form the normal, expected or established
1. Lacking in harmony; incompatible 2. No tin agreement; inconsistent 3. Not in keeping with what is proper, logical or correct
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
Having trouble? Click here for help.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions and try again
Reload the page to try again!Reload
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.
Please upgrade Flash or install Chrome
to use Voice Recording.
For more help, see our troubleshooting page.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.
Star this term
You can study starred terms together