5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Fungal growth:
1. Temperature for growth:
2. Incubation time:
3. Optimum pH:
- Spores resulting from sexual reproduction.
- Refer to the sex organs or gametes which are morphologically INDistinguishable. (similar)
- Scientific name: Brugia malayi
Common name ...
- Scientific name: Dracunculus medinesis
How infection occurs ...
- a Ingestion of infected CYCLOPS (Cocopod),
commonly found in still water such as pond or well
- b Malayan filaria
- c Isogametangia or isogametes
- d Zygospores
- e Fungi grow between 0-37 degrees C.
Some fungi mature within 3-4 days and some mature within 3-4 weeks.
Best pH for fungal growth is about 6.
5 Multiple choice questions
- a. plasmogamy
b. karygamy (in lower fungi) or dikaryon (in higher fungi)
- adult worms
- Adults found in subcutaneous tissue
- Blinding filaria
5 True/False questions
Scientific name: Onchocerca volvulus
Location in host ... → Blinding filaria
Species that produce male or female organs on separate thalli- thus a single thallus cannot sexually reproduce itself since it either male or female. → Heterogametangia or heterogametes
Considering the level of infection and the degree of pathogenecity fungal infections are classified into the four groups: → Mycosis
Scientific name: Wukereriae bancrofti
Location in host ... → Elephantiasis
Tissue nematodes (filarials)
How infection occurs ... → Wukereriae bancrofti