5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Scientific name: Wukereriae bancrofti
- Types of heterogametes: (2)
- Fusion of the entire contents of two opposite sex gametangia.
- Scientific name: Onchocerca volvulus
Major disease ...
- Involved the union of two compatible nuclei and consist of three distinct phases.
- a Female Culex and Anopheles mosquitos
- b i. antheridium
- c Gametangial copulation
- d River blindness
- e Sexual reproduction
5 Multiple choice questions
- Monsonia and Anopheles mosquitos
- zygote or zygospore
- Fungi Perfecti or Perfect fungi
Fungi Imperfect or Imperfect Fungi
- I. Sporangiospores
- Fungi grow between 0-37 degrees C.
Some fungi mature within 3-4 days and some mature within 3-4 weeks.
Best pH for fungal growth is about 6.
5 True/False questions
Refer to the sex organs or gametes which are morphologically INDistinguishable. (similar) → Isogametangia or isogametes
Scientific name: Brugia malayi
Location in host ... → Malayan filaria
Sexual Methods of Reproduction: (3) → 1. Planogametic Copulation
2. Gametangial contact
3. Gametangial copulation
Outgrowth of hypha that are regarded as a specialized absorbing organs that penetrate into the host cells to obtain nutrients( found only on parasitic fungi). → Haustoria ( pl.)---haustorium (sing.)
Scientific name: Loa Loa
Location in host ... → Adults found in subcutaneous tissue