5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- they restricted foreign trade
- they wanted to find new trade routes
- discouraged contact with outsiders
- christopher columbus
- a the ming and qing dynasties followed which of the following policies regarding foreign trade.
- b korea was similar to China in that it...
- c an indian soldier
- d which of the following best explained why European rulers encouraged ocean exploration?
- e navigator who wanted to reach asia by sailing west from europe
5 Multiple choice questions
- a mapmaker
- who took over control of the spice trade from Portuguese?
- "Your country's barbarian merchants have benefited from the blessings of our civilization"
- portuguese ruler who encouraged ocean expoloration
- "i am sure as the sun sets that i can reach the Indies by sailing west"
5 True/False questions
dutch → in the 1600's the portuguese lost control of trade in the indian ocean to the...
china → this civilization strictly controlled european trading rights
Vasco da Gama → to sail around the world
a cartographer → "i'll name this new land I've drawn America."
a sepoy → "the british east india company pays my wages"