5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Spanish Inquisition
- Boni Viri
- a "good men," those who were called upon to decide if an accused person was guilty and what punishment they should receive
- b the Inquisition that guarded the orthodoxy of Catholicism in Spain (especially from the 15th to the 17th centuries)
- c remission of the temporal punishment for sin
- d First of the Germanic tribes to invade and attack the city of Rome
- e The leader of the Muslims in the third crusade and captured Jerusalem in 1187.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Abraham's son by Hagar, Sarah's servant. The founder of the Arab tribes
- Last of the barbarian invaders, originated in China
- a former tribunal of the Roman Catholic Church (1232-1820) created to discover and suppress heresy
- Term used for the papacy
- The effort by Christian leaders to drive the Muslims out of Spain, lasting from the 1100s until 1492.
5 True/False questions
Knights of the Hospital of St. John of Jerusalem → Another name for the Knights Hospitallers
Islam → Islamic word for God
Emperor Justinian → complied under emperor Justinian I, collection of all roman laws.
Albigensianism → A gnostic heresy which plagued Europe in the Middle Ages and sparked the establishment of the Inquisition
Brothers of the Hospital of St. Mary of Jerusalem → Order of knights established to defend Jerusalem and provide medical assistance