5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- pituitary gland
- spinal cord
- Left Hemisphere
- Temporal Lobe
- a controls maintenance functions such as eating; helps govern endocrine system; linked to emotion and reward
- b pathway for neural fibers traveling to and from the brain; controls simple relfexes
- c Auditory reception and interpretation, expressed behavior, receptive speech, information retrieval
- d master endocrine gland
- e Sequential Analysis: systematic, logical interpretation of information. Interpretation and production of symbolic information:language, mathematics, abstraction and reasoning. Memory stored in a language format.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The outermost layer of the cerebral hemisphere which is composed of gray matter. Cortices are asymmetrical. Both hemispheres are able to analyze sensory data, perform memory functions, learn new information, form thoughts and make decisions.
- neural centers in the limbic system linked to emotion
- coordinates voluntary movement and balance
- helps control arousal
- Holistic Functioning: processing multi-sensory input simultaneously to provide "holistic" picture of one's environment. Visual spatial skills. Holistic functions such as dancing and gymnastics are coordinated by the right hemisphere. Memory is stored in auditory, visual and spatial modalities.
5 True/False questions
Parietal Lobe → processing of sensory input. Body orientation (proprioception)
hippocampus → a structure in the limbic system linked to memory
thalamus → controls maintenance functions such as eating; helps govern endocrine system; linked to emotion and reward
Corpus Collosum → communication between the two hemispheres
pons → controls heartbeat and breathing