5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Motor Division
- Central Nervous System (CNS)
- Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR)
- a The portion of the nervous system where signal integration occurs; in vertebrate animals, the brain and spinal cord
- b ?
- c The regulatory protein that control the position of tropomyosin on the thin filament.
- d .Muscle in which the regular arrangement of filaments creates a pattern of light and dark bands
- e The metabolic rate of a resting, fasting and non stressed endotherm at a comfortable temperature.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The junction where a neuron communicates with another neuron or other cell across a narrow gap via a neurotransmitter(chemical) or an electrical coupling.
- The sensory and motor neurons that connect to the central nervous system
- An evolutionary trend toward the concentration of sensory equipment at the anterior end of the body.
- The potential that an excitable cell membrane must reach for an action potential to be initiated
5 True/False questions
Actin → ...
Tropic Hormones → ...
Enteric Division → ?
Temporal Summation → A phenomenon of neural integration in which the membrane potential of the post-synaptic cell in a chemical synapse is determined by the combined effect of EPSPs or IPSPs produced in rapid succesion
Hyperpolarization → A change in a cell's membrane potential such that the inside of the membrane is made less negative relative to the outside. For example, a neuron membrane is depolarized if a stimulus decreases its voltage from the resting potential of -70 mV in the direction of zero voltage.