5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Parasympathetic Division
- Interstitial Fluid
- Essential Nutrients
- a One of the three divisions of the autonomic nervous system, generally enhances body activities that gain and conserve energy, such as digestion and reduced heart-rate, decrease breathing, storing glycogen for energy in the liver
- b The junction where a neuron communicates with another neuron or other cell across a narrow gap via a neurotransmitter(chemical) or an electrical coupling.
- c An evolutionary trend toward the concentration of sensory equipment at the anterior end of the body.
- d A substance that an organism cannot synthesize from any other material and therefore must absorb in preassembled.
- e The fluid filling the spaces between cells in most animals
5 Multiple choice questions
- The sensory and motor neurons that connect to the central nervous system
- An electrical change (depolarization) in the membrane of a post-synaptic cell caused by the binding of an excitatory neurotransmitter from a presynaptic cell to a post-synaptic cell; makes it more likely for a post-synaptic cell to generate an action potential.
- The internal systems of communication involving hormones, the ductless glands that secrete hormones directly into the interstitial fluid, from which they diffuse into the bloodstream.
5 True/False questions
Graded Potential → In a neuron, a shift in the membrane potential that has an amplitude proportional to signal strength and that decays as it spreads.
Muscle Tissue → Tissue made up of neurons and supportive cells.
Myofibrils → A type of motor protein that associates into filaments that interact with actin filaments to cause cell contraction
Incomplete Proteins → ...
Enteric Division → One of the tree divisions of the autonomic nervous system; generally increases energy expenditure and prepares the body for action (Fight or Flight) - causes increase in heart rate, breathing, slows digestion, liver releases glucose, inhibits emptying of bladder, releases adrenaline from adrenal medulla situations:(emergency, embarrassment, exercise, excitement)