5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a [L. com-with + mensurare-to measure] (adj) equal in size, extent, duration, or importance; proportionate; measurable by the same standards
- b (adj) tending to arouse strife; inflammatory; pertaining to the criminal setting on fire of property (n) a person who stirs up strife; an agitator
- c [L. vicis-a turn] (n) a change, variation, or alteration; pl.--successive changing phases, "ups and downs"
- d [L. a face mask used by actors; hence, a character] (n) the outward character or role that a person assumes
- e [L. re-again + pudere-to shame] (v) to reject as having authority or binding force; to cast off or disown
5 Multiple choice questions
- [Fr. in-not + soucier-to care] (adj) carefree, happy-go-lucky, blithely indifferent or unconcerned
- [L. penna-feather] (n) a confident and stylish manner; a strikingly elaborate or colorful display
- [L. ob-upon + sequi-to follow] (n) funeral rites or ceremonies
- [L. e-out + molere-to grind (miller's fee)] (n) payment; profit derived from an office or employment; a fee or salary
- [Gk. sema-sign] (n) the study of meaning; the meaning or the interpretation of meaning, of a word, sentence, etc.
5 True/False questions
tendentious → [Gk. sema-sign] (n) the study of meaning; the meaning or the interpretation of meaning, of a word, sentence, etc.
immure → [L. quaerere-to ask] (n) a seeking or request for truth, information, or knowledge; an investigation, as into an incident; charges; a question; query
premise → [L. in + murus-a wall] (vt) to enclose or confine within walls; to imprison; to seclude or isolate
diaphanous → [L. penna-feather] (n) a confident and stylish manner; a strikingly elaborate or colorful display
sacrosanct → [L. sacer-sacred + santus-holy] (adj) very sacred, extremely holy; inviolable; set apart or immune from questioning or attack