5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Name three(+) people in the Enlightenment
- What are cahiers?
- what were the social underlying causes of the French Rev.?
- What are the four categories of underlying causes?
- How does Deism relate to the Enlightenment?
- a There was a shift from estates to classes. You can change classes but you cannot change estates. The middle class began to rise and wanted more rights
- b Notebooks of grievances given to the king brought by the third estate to the estates-general meeting
- c John Locke, Hobbes, Diderot, Voltaire, Rousseau
- d They both believe in reason, rationality, logic, etc.
- e Political, intellectual, economic, and social
5 Multiple choice questions
- Marie Theresa from Austria
- She never said it, they were just rumors
- Before there was government when humans were free to do whatever they wished
- People who give 10% of their income to the 1st estate (clergy)
5 True/False questions
what are underlying vs. immediate causes → Underlying causes are long term. Immediate causes are the last straw just before the event causes
What were Voltaire's beliefs about religion? → He thought the world would be better without it. He said "religion is nothing but mere superstition"
Who said "C'etatast moi" or "i am the state"? → Bishop Boussett
What was the major cause of bankruptcy of France? → The money loaned to the American Rev.
French term for "old regime" → "Ancien Regime." Means "old ways [of doing things]"