5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- How did the French Rev. represent the transition to the modern world (4+ ways)?
- What are cahiers?
- What is the name of the home Marie built herself?
- Who said "C'etatast moi" or "i am the state"?
- Years of American Revolution
- a There was a shift from loyalty to king to loyalty to nation (nationalism), capitalism replaces feudalism, there was a shift from estates to classes, everything was being based of of logic and reason...
- b Notebooks of grievances given to the king brought by the third estate to the estates-general meeting
- c King Louis XIV
- d Trianon
- e 1775-1783
5 Multiple choice questions
- The 3rd Estate pays close to 50% of their income to the 1st estate: in tithes and other taxes from food, clothing, etc.
- The money loaned to the American Rev.
- He thought the world would be better without it. He said "religion is nothing but mere superstition"
- During the meeting of the Estates-General, the 3rd estate was locked out by the king from the meeting. They went to a tennis court and pledged they would be loyal to the National Assembly, and they wouldn't break their group until they created a new constitution
- The idea that god is a clockmaker: he created the world and stepped back and watched it go. The idea that human beings determine the future and make decisions.
5 True/False questions
Name three(+) people in the Enlightenment → John Locke, Hobbes, Diderot, Voltaire, Rousseau
What are tithes? → People who give 10% of their income to the 1st estate (clergy)
What were the underlying political causes of the French Rev.? → There was a shift from estates to classes. You can change classes but you cannot change estates. The middle class began to rise and wanted more rights
What is the General Will? → The 3rd Estate pays close to 50% of their income to the 1st estate: in tithes and other taxes from food, clothing, etc.
what are underlying vs. immediate causes → Underlying causes are long term. Immediate causes are the last straw just before the event causes