5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Who was Marie Antoinette's mom and where was she from?
- what are underlying vs. immediate causes
- What were Montesquieu's ideas about government?
- What are the four categories of underlying causes?
- a Underlying causes are long term. Immediate causes are the last straw just before the event causes
- b philosophe, enlightenment thinker, came up with idea of general will
- c Three branches that check and balance each other: executive, legislative, judicial
- d Marie Theresa from Austria
- e Political, intellectual, economic, and social
5 Multiple choice questions
- King Louis XIV
- Bishop Boussett
- There was a shift from loyalty to king to loyalty to nation (nationalism), capitalism replaces feudalism, there was a shift from estates to classes, everything was being based of of logic and reason...
5 True/False questions
What is the General Will? → The majority of the people/ the majority will
what were the social underlying causes of the French Rev.? → There was a shift from estates to classes. You can change classes but you cannot change estates. The middle class began to rise and wanted more rights
What were Voltaire's beliefs about religion? → He thought the world would be better without it. He said "religion is nothing but mere superstition"
When and where did Marie Antoinette say "let them eat cake!"? → She never said it, they were just rumors
What are cahiers? → People who give 10% of their income to the 1st estate (clergy)