5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- what are underlying vs. immediate causes
- What were the underlying political causes of the French Rev.?
- What are cahiers?
- Who said "the power is absolute"?
- a Marie and Louis were incompetent rulers
- b Notebooks of grievances given to the king brought by the third estate to the estates-general meeting
- c Bishop Boussett
- d philosophe, enlightenment thinker, came up with idea of general will
- e Underlying causes are long term. Immediate causes are the last straw just before the event causes
5 Multiple choice questions
- Before there was government when humans were free to do whatever they wished
- Marie Theresa from Austria
- John Locke, Hobbes, Diderot, Voltaire, Rousseau
- "Ancien Regime." Means "old ways [of doing things]"
- Three branches that check and balance each other: executive, legislative, judicial
5 True/False questions
Years of French Revolution → 1789-1799
What are tithes? → People who give 10% of their income to the 1st estate (clergy)
What was the major cause of bankruptcy of France? → Political, intellectual, economic, and social
What was the shift in wealth after the Industrial Revolution? → Versailles
what were the social underlying causes of the French Rev.? → Marie and Louis were incompetent rulers