5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is the General Will?
- Who said "C'etatast moi" or "i am the state"?
- How does Deism relate to the Enlightenment?
- How did the French Rev. represent the transition to the modern world (4+ ways)?
- What are tithes?
- a The majority of the people/ the majority will
- b There was a shift from loyalty to king to loyalty to nation (nationalism), capitalism replaces feudalism, there was a shift from estates to classes, everything was being based of of logic and reason...
- c King Louis XIV
- d People who give 10% of their income to the 1st estate (clergy)
- e They both believe in reason, rationality, logic, etc.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Underlying causes are long term. Immediate causes are the last straw just before the event causes
- came up with theory of government was The Divine Right of Kings. Theory of government before the French Rev.
- Notebooks of grievances given to the king brought by the third estate to the estates-general meeting
- Political, intellectual, economic, and social
- The idea that god is a clockmaker: he created the world and stepped back and watched it go. The idea that human beings determine the future and make decisions.
5 True/False questions
What is the name of the home Marie built herself? → During the meeting of the Estates-General, the 3rd estate was locked out by the king from the meeting. They went to a tennis court and pledged they would be loyal to the National Assembly, and they wouldn't break their group until they created a new constitution
What were Montesquieu's ideas about government? → Three branches that check and balance each other: executive, legislative, judicial
Years of French Revolution → 1775-1783
When and where did Marie Antoinette say "let them eat cake!"? → Marie Theresa from Austria
What is the Tennis Court Oath? → During the meeting of the Estates-General, the 3rd estate was locked out by the king from the meeting. They went to a tennis court and pledged they would be loyal to the National Assembly, and they wouldn't break their group until they created a new constitution