5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- what were the social underlying causes of the French Rev.?
- What is the General Will?
- What were Montesquieu's ideas about government?
- What is the name of the home Marie built herself?
- Where was the meeting of the estates general?
- a Trianon
- b Versailles
- c Three branches that check and balance each other: executive, legislative, judicial
- d The majority of the people/ the majority will
- e There was a shift from estates to classes. You can change classes but you cannot change estates. The middle class began to rise and wanted more rights
5 Multiple choice questions
- The Scientific Revolution
- The 3rd Estate pays close to 50% of their income to the 1st estate: in tithes and other taxes from food, clothing, etc.
- The money loaned to the American Rev.
- Underlying causes are long term. Immediate causes are the last straw just before the event causes
5 True/False questions
What were the underlying political causes of the French Rev.? → Marie and Louis were incompetent rulers
How does Deism relate to the Enlightenment? → They both believe in reason, rationality, logic, etc.
What is the Tennis Court Oath? → During the meeting of the Estates-General, the 3rd estate was locked out by the king from the meeting. They went to a tennis court and pledged they would be loyal to the National Assembly, and they wouldn't break their group until they created a new constitution
What are tithes? → People who give 10% of their income to the 1st estate (clergy)
Who was Marie Antoinette's mom and where was she from? → He thought the world would be better without it. He said "religion is nothing but mere superstition"