5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Who was Marie Antoinette's mom and where was she from?
- What were the underlying political causes of the French Rev.?
- What preceded the Enlightenment/where did ideas of the Enlightenment come from?
- Name three(+) people in the Enlightenment
- What was the shift in wealth after the Industrial Revolution?
- a John Locke, Hobbes, Diderot, Voltaire, Rousseau
- b The Scientific Revolution
- c Marie and Louis were incompetent rulers
- d Wealth went from land to money
- e Marie Theresa from Austria
5 Multiple choice questions
- Rousseau's idea that the government has the right to protect the citizen's unalienable rights and that there is a contract between the people and the government. The government has the responsibility to protect the people, but the people have to give up some of their rights they had in the state of nature. If the people don't like the government, they can replace it.
- The majority of the people/ the majority will
- There was a shift from loyalty to king to loyalty to nation (nationalism), capitalism replaces feudalism, there was a shift from estates to classes, everything was being based of of logic and reason...
- People who give 10% of their income to the 1st estate (clergy)
5 True/False questions
State of Nature → The idea that god is a clockmaker: he created the world and stepped back and watched it go. The idea that human beings determine the future and make decisions.
What was the major cause of bankruptcy of France? → The money loaned to the American Rev.
what were the social underlying causes of the French Rev.? → Marie and Louis were incompetent rulers
How does Deism relate to the Enlightenment? → They both believe in reason, rationality, logic, etc.
What are cahiers? → Notebooks of grievances given to the king brought by the third estate to the estates-general meeting