5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Why were the Federalist papers written?
- Law that established a plan for the dividing of the federally owned lands west of the Appalachians.
- Which proposed plan of government provided for a bicameral legislature and 3-branches of government?
- What was the purpose of the 1787, Philadelphia Convention?
- Lands northwest of the Appalachian Mountains, covered by the Land Ordinance of 1785
- a Northwest Territory
- b The Virginia or Large State Plan
- c Land Ordinance of 1785
- d To convince people to approve of the Constitution.
- e To discuss revision of the Articles of Confederation
5 Multiple choice questions
- Constitutional Convention
- Daniel Shays
- The judicial branch
- The Senate
- A well known Antifederalist.
5 True/False questions
Name the two main weaknesses of the federal government under the Articles of Confederation. → Confederation Congress
Who authored the Virginia Plan? → James Madison
Supporters of the Constitution called themselves... → Thomas Jefferson, John Adams, and Patrick Henry.
A form of government when citizens elect representatives to govern for them. → Population and wealth.
Act of formal approval → ratification