5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- In 1784, which foreign nation closed the Mississippi River to Americans?
- What did the states want from a national government?
- National law making body formed by the Articles of Confederation.
- Which branch interprets the law?
- Who authored the Virginia Plan?
- a Confederation Congress
- b Spain
- c James Madison
- d To prevent tyranny. A republic. Individual rights and freedoms protected
- e The judicial branch
5 Multiple choice questions
- Patrick Henry, George Mason, and Mercy Otis Warren.
- The Connecticut Compromise
- If Congress banned the slave trade.
- The states.
5 True/False questions
Name the two main weaknesses of the federal government under the Articles of Confederation. → Name the two main weaknesses of the federal government under the Articles of Confederation.
Why did farmers rebel in Massachusetts? → To protest high state taxes.
A system in which more than one-half of a group holds power to make decisions binding the entire group. → The legislature.
A form of government when citizens elect representatives to govern for them. → Republicanism
Which proposed plan of government provided for a bicameral legislature and 3-branches of government? → The Virginia or Large State Plan