5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Who was George Mason?
- Who believed that the Constitution needed a Bill of Rights?
- One-house legislature
- Why did the smaller states object to the Virginia Plan?
- In 1784, which foreign nation closed the Mississippi River to Americans?
- a A well known Antifederalist.
- b Spain
- c Unicameral
- d Antifederalists
- e They thought that representation based upon population would give the large states more power.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A two-house law making body.
- Daniel Shays
- To protest high state taxes.
- The judicial branch
5 True/False questions
Lands northwest of the Appalachian Mountains, covered by the Land Ordinance of 1785 → Federalists
Why did delegates from southern states threaten to reject the Constitution? → They thought that representation based upon population would give the large states more power.
A form of government when citizens elect representatives to govern for them. → Population and wealth.
What was the purpose of the Bill of Rights? → To guarantee basic freedoms of individuals and states.
Which proposed plan of government provided for a bicameral legislature and 3-branches of government? → The Virginia or Large State Plan