Get ahead with a $300 test prep scholarship
| Enter to win by Tuesday 9/24
Vocabulary from Classical Roots, Book C, Lesson 10
Terms in this set (21)
1. Disdainful; haughty and aloof
Oro, Orare, Oravi, Oratum
Latin to speak
1. Relentless; unyielding
1. A shrine where the ancient greeks consulted one of their gods for advice or prophecy.
2. A prophecy made at such shrine
3. A person who transmits prophecy from a deity.
4. A person or thing regarded as able to give wise guidance.
1. An address or formal speech given ona special occasion.
1. A mouth or vent; opening
1. To kiss
1. A cut or notch
1. A written contract between two parties
2. An agreement binding an apprentice to work for a master.
1. A long three-pronged fork or weapon.
1. A specialist that corrects irregular positioned teeth
Latin throat, whirlpool
1. A deep, narrow passage woth rocky sides, enclosed between mountains
2. Gluttonous eating
3. A feeling of nausea (used with rise)
4. To eat greedy
5. To fill full, to stuff
1. To expel from the throat or stomach; to vomit
2. To discharge violently
1. Of immense size, gigantic
1. A grotesque carved human or animal figure, especially one used as a rainspout carrying water clear of a wall.
1. To cause to pour back or cast up partially digested food; to vomit.
2.To rush or surge back.