5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Streaming Rate
- a The rate in frames per second at which the movie is downloaded.
- b Stores frequently used graphics, movie clips, and buttons.
- c MP3 is a standard format for music files sent over the Internet that compresses music or other types of audio.
- d Vertical red marker in the timeline that shows which frame is the current frame.
- e A procedure for transmitting media files so they can start playing as soon as a computer begins receving them rather than waiting for the complete files to download first.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A hardware or software application that adds a specific feature to a browser.
- The amount of data that can be transmitted over a network in a given amount of time.
- All images, objects and animation are created on the computer.
Typically uses 3-D images.
Adds two steps to the animation process.
Modeling - process of creating a wireframe structure of the 3-D objects and scenes.
Rendering - process of applying colors, textures, shadows, transparency, etc. to create the final image or animation.
- refers to the way our eyes retain images for a split second longer than they actually appear, making a series of quick flashes appear as one continuous picture.
- Shows where the key (most important) actions occur.
5 True/False questions
Morphing Animation → Also called vector animation. An object follows a path which is a line, or vector, inserted by the animator
Frame → Frames hold the content that the movie displays or plays at that point in time.
The number of frames determines the length of the animation.
The higher the number of frames, the longer the animation.
Programming or Scripting-Based Animation → The computer is used to make the animation process quicker and easier.
Usually involves 2-D images
Can be hand-drawn and scanned into the computer.
Can be drawn directly into the computer using graphics tablets.
The images are positioned into keyframes containing the most important movements.
Tweening is then performed by the computer to create images between keyframes.
WAV → The standard format for sound on computers running the Windows operating system.
WAV files produce high-quality sound.
Generate large file sizes
Path Animation → The term morphing comes from the word metamorphosis, which is the transformation of one thing into another.
The beginning image is inserted.
The ending image is inserted. The computer performs the tweening to generate a sequence of images, each of which is slightly different from the one it follows to gradually morph the two objects.
For example, a photograph of one person might gradually morph into a picture of another person.