5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- World Trade Organization
- commercial farming
- nomadic herding
- Group of 8 (G-8)
- a A traditional grazing method in which nomadic herdsmen wander freely over rangelands in search of good grazing for their livestock.
- b the group of eight countries that produces more than 3/4th's of the worlds manufacturing value
- c a mixture of two or more metals
- d the large-scale production of crops for sale
- e International organization that regulates international trade
5 Multiple choice questions
- A series of improvements in industrial technology that transformed the process of manufacturing goods.
- protecting domestic manufacturers from foreign competition by imposing tariffs and quotas on imported goods
- country that has a great deal of technology and manufacturing
- fossil fuel consisting of carbonized vegetable matter deposited in the Carboniferous period
- the monetary value of all goods and services produced for sale within a country's borders over the course of a year
5 True/False questions
embargo → a government order imposing a trade barrier
natural gas → a naturally occurring, inorganic solid that has a crystal structure and a definite chemical composition.
wholesale business → A bnusiness that buys and resells merchandise to retail merchandising businesses
export → commodities (goods or services) bought from a foreign country
economic self-suffiency → the ability of one country to produce everything it needs without buying or selling from other countries